Misled by o2 chat - disgustin service beware

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having recently been made redundant from my job I went online to seek help with reducing my outgoings. Whilst browsing the My O2 section of o2.co.uk I was invited to join an online chat, the operative offered me a £15/month contract but as i went afk whilst i waited for response i did not respond in time and was no availble to accept the offer.

Whilst waiting for Darren to "check this" for me I had to go away from the computer. I returned to see the offer and "is that fine?" but was too late to respond as the chat had been ended.

I immediately called o2 to accept the offer only to discover they would not do it for me. I reasoned with the telephone advisor who agreed that the offer should be honoured but as the transcript from the chat had not registered in my account notes I would have to wait for them to appear. I took a screen shot and the telephone operative recomended I email it to o2 customer services

I emailed the transcript and received the same response that they would not be able to reduce my tariff to the ammount i was originally offered. I have since sent a number of emails back to o2, each time recieving a response from a different person.

I feel this is really poor customer service and wanted people to be aware that they should not always believe what they read in o2 live chat.

Does anyone know if this offer forms a legal contract? Please help.

Thanks.

Darren Conversation 120111.jpg

They can always turn round and say that the particular customer service was wrong. How much is your contract now? Read the terms and conditions very carefully as i caught a certain mobile phone company out recently when trying to increase my tariff to a better value one, they where trying to tell me wihch ones to use, cost more for less but i found a clause in the terms and conditions which doesnt state that they can infact tell you which tariff to use, so i got my upgrade of my choice.