How to deal with catalogues?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4903 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have only ever had dealings with credit card companies and banks in the past, but since I lost my job and have been surviving on JSA things have gotten a little more tricky financially to say the least, especially as I am now 20 weeks pregnant and trying to buy things for a baby in between all this.

I have been keeping up with the payments (Additions Direct and Very) and was okay until November time, when I started getting into a bit of a pickle what with Christmas etc.

I owe roughly £450 on each catalogue and now with me being in arrears and them slapping on all the charges they can get their hands on they are wanting immediate payments followed by another payment a week later to bring my account up to date and I just do not have the funds at the moment.

I seem to remember Additions being less than helpful a few yeards ago when I got into a pickle with them and they rang me, they were not willing to accept less than £14 a month - well this time around I am thinking of offering them about a fiver!!! They will not be happy!!!

I understand that catalogues are going to be different to a credit card company with how I handle them to try and get the best deal for me - do I simply write to them and offer them a sum? Or do I write to them telling them about my situation? On JSA, about to be a single Mum etc and then offer them some money?

If any of you could offer me any tips as to what to do/say I would be very grateful, only this situation is starting to give me sleepless nights, which is something I can well do without at the mo!

Thanks.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you on experience ;)

Inca V Crapital One: Low monthly payments accepted - Paid

Inca V HSBC (Charges): WON - Charge reversed.

Inca V Barclaycard/CSL: Complaint sent after CSL illegally took money from my account. Dispute ready to send: Not heard anything since March 2009! Jan 2011 Rc'd letter from new debt collectors saying they have bought the debt. Joy!

Inca's Nan V Saga Card: Utter *****!! Low payments eventually accepted

Inca's Nan V MBNA: Low payments accepted

Inca's sister V Moorcroft: WON. Low payments accepted.

Inca's sister V Thames Credit: Nothing received. Dispute sent 08/01/09: Not heard a dicky bird since March 2009!

A CCA is the same as I would have sent a credit card company isn't it?? Sorry, it's been a while since I needed to log in here!

I assumed a catalogue would be different somehow....

Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you on experience ;)

Inca V Barclaycard/CSL: Complaint sent after CSL illegally took money from my account. Dispute ready to send: Not heard anything since March 2009! Jan 2011 Rc'd letter from new debt collectors saying they have bought the debt. Joy!

Inca's sister V Thames Credit: Nothing received. Dispute sent 08/01/09: Not heard a dicky bird since March 2009!

Okay, do you have a link to the one I'd need to use? Would I have to change anything on it as it's a catalogue agreement?

Also, I haven't been in contact with them to tell them I am having difficulty, do I simply just send the CCA and wait?

I believe I signed up for both of them online.

I do believe that one was last year (Very) and Additions was the year before - is there any point in sending a CCA really?