Double Entry

xboxer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi just a quick question.

I have just checked my Equifax report and noticed that a loan I had with Black Horse is mentioned in two seperate areas of the report.

I had defaulted on it in November 05 which is shown in the Credit Agreement Area and (unbeknown to me at the time) BH had a CCJ taken against me in December 05. This was paid and settled around Jan/Feb 06 but shows as satisfied in May 06.

So my questions are:

Why the 3 month period of when it was paid, to when it gets recorded as satisfied?

Can the same loan be recorded twice like this?

Realise it may be because the loan is a credit agreement and CCJ is a judgement but I'm after some clarification by those in the know!

Thanks

EDIT: Just realised to the title of the thread:oops: lol

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking along the lines of them having 6 months to update your file. However, this does not excuse the fact that the information about the date you satisfied your CCJ is incorrect.

In terms of it being in two places it probably is cos of the CCJ, but does it actually matter?

If you want to pursue the first issue you need to take it up with the data controller of the CRA as s/he is the one who published it and so it was their duty to ensure the information was accurate. It's one of the eight enforceable principles undelying the whole DPA 1998 (Number 4 I think!)

The default is maintained as CRA account info, and the CCJ maintained on public records. It's two separate databases, defaults are maintained by and can be modified by the CRAs, but public records can only be picked up by the CRAs and are maintained and modified by the relavent bodies....courts service, insolvency service etc.

There are other organisations whose records are also picked up on CRAs which are not directly controlled by the CRA...ie GAIN, CIFAS, Electoral Rolls...

CRAs normally hold maintain the actual data on account info, associations, aliases, searches, and linked addresses.

On the 1st question, if you can provide the court with proof that the settlement of the debt was made within 30 days of judgement then the CCJ can be removed.

The Court Records are outsourced to Registry Trust, where this will be showing as the CCJ, and seperate from any default placed on it by the Finance House - they are two seperate defaults for the same incident, but anyone reviewing your file will recognise this to be the same event, and not two unconnected ones.

The default is maintained as CRA account info, and the CCJ maintained on public records. It's two separate databases, defaults are maintained by and can be modified by the CRAs, but public records can only be picked up by the CRAs and are maintained and modified by the relavent bodies....courts service, insolvency service etc.

There are other organisations whose records are also picked up on CRAs which are not directly controlled by the CRA...ie GAIN, CIFAS, Electoral Rolls...

CRAs normally hold maintain the actual data on account info, associations, aliases, searches, and linked addresses.

On the 1st question, if you can provide the court with proof that the settlement of the debt was made within 30 days of judgement then the CCJ can be removed.

Info held on credit file is still the responsibility of their data controller:

You should state that your request is limited to personal information relating to your financial standing. The data controller then has to reply within seven working days. The maximum fee it can charge you is £2 and you should enclose this with your application.

Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 you are entitled to have incorrect information corrected. If the file contains mistakes, the agency must correct them and tell you what it has done within 28 days. If it refuses, or you are not satisfied with the amendment, you can send it a note of correction of up to 200 words, which it must add to your file and send out whenever information about you is supplied in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, first off thanks for the info and advice.

Just confirming with the start balance for the account, on a credit report, that is saying the total amount borrowed including interest over the loan period?

• 1 month later...