Santander wont cough up car finance PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

nothing

dont speak to them on the phone ever!

you are under no legal obligation to do so.

eveything in writing only!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Cremegg,

Surely you would be much better off submitting a claim on the PPI policy? That is after all why you been paying for it all these months.

From my calculations, to cancel the policy now, even if they do agree to pay out without a fight, will only gain you less than £500.

But to claim under the PPI policy, should cover your monthly repayments for the period you are unemployed.

My suggestion therefore would be to submit a claim and let the PPI make your monthly repayments while you are unemployed.

If they refuse your claim, then forward to the FOS.

DJ

• 1 month later...

Hi

I was advised by people on this site to reclaim my PPI as I wasnt given a choice as to whether to have it or not. I sent of a letter to Santander with the help from people here and they have sent me one back, saying that because I signed the agreement I must have agreed to the PPI.

I didnt know I was signing for PPI, and I didnt know that I didnt need PPI, so where do I go from here? Is there a further letter I can send to santander restating that I want to claim the PPI back?

Anne

This is a typical first response to any request for the return of PPI premiums so dont worry :-).

Do you still have a copy of what you signed? if not I would send them either a Consumer Credit Act section 77 letter (will cost you a quid) asking for a true copy of the credit agreement or a full Data Protection Act subject access request (will cost you a tenner) asking for a copy of every record they possess with your name on it.

You need to start looking for anything that backs up your claim :-) your personal account of how the credit was sold to you is a good start, do you remember the name of the sales person? (Tall order I know) but the more detail you add the better and either of the above documents are likely to add to your claim… even if it’s only jogging your memory. Obviously the more information you have the better but it will cost you more to get it from them.

In the mean time write back to them stating categorically that the insurance requirement of the loan was never explained to you, you, didn’t know you were signing for PPI insurance and you didn’t know that you didn’t need PPI

pete

• 1 month later...

I have a cpl of posts about this on the hire purchase forum but they dont seem to get answered ever so quick.

Basically, through advice from here, I sent a letter off to santander stating that I had been missold the PPI, as I was under the impression that I had to have it and without it i wouldnt get the credit.

Santander wrote back saying that they had looked into it and there was no case, I had not been missold the PPI. I wrote back again and stated that I had and that I would take the case further if they didnt take any action.

Again they wrote back to me saying they had looked into it and that they believe I wasnt missold it. So what do I do now?

I have paid way over a third of my car, and on one of my other threads I posted my contract up and was told they couldnt take the car without going to court.

Can anyone advise what to do next? I have about 1k to pay and have pid about 5k

Creamegg1,

Did Santander tell in their last letter anything about this being their final response?

If not, you will need to write back to them and get a final response in writing.

If they did, you can now refer your case to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Best part is it will not cost you anything for them to investigate, but they will charge Santander £500 for handling your case.

They are seriously back logged in terms of handling cases, but you have nothing to lose by asking them to have a look.

Also, Santander were fined by the FSA some time ago for mis-selling PPI which may well stand in your favour.

Good luck

DJ

• 8 months later...

Just had a bailiff at my door, demanding that I give him £250 tonight or he will take our car.

Bit of background, got behind making payments with santander and then tried to get PPI from them, as paid loads and didnt know I was paying for it! All my other posts go over the details with a copy of my credit agreement there too.

Anyway I am still waiting on santander to get back to me about PPI, so havent made any further payments, I owe about 900. This is where tonight comes in. The bailiff said he had court papers and that he was entitled to take the car, so I asked him for the papers and he said they were back in his office. To my knowledge, the debt hasnt gone to court.

From our conversations in the past, I was under the impression they couldnt take the car, so not only am I waiting to hear about the PPI, but I have now paid out another 250 to him to stop him taking the car.

Can someone help me draft up a letter to send to santander in the morning, pls?????

seven threads merged

please keep to ONE thread concerning this debt

else the history of advise gets lost and repeated

it wont be a bailiff

it will be a trumped up repro guy with no legal powers

tell em to go away or you'll call the police.

how are you going with the PPI reclaim?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have now paid out another 250 to him to stop him taking the car.

bet that went straight in his pocket.

have you looked at your CRA file to see what is said about this debt?

dx

and they

nice to see you around

dx

and they

Thankyou postggj I have got the letter ready to send to them tomorrow first thing. Feel much better with your help, cant believe I actually gave the guy that money now. I will let you know as soon as I hear anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Postggj, I have emailed you and pmed you on here...I got a negative reply from the company and have emailed you the letter. Can you get back to me with my next move? That man will be back for more money soon else.

i think post is no longer registered here

dx

and they

did you send that letter.....

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...
did you send that letter.....

dx

Yes I sent that letter to them and I got a letter back from Consumer credit management saying they knew nothing of the debt.. so seeing as they said that, I got hold of the address of the number that this other man gave me, which is an address for Banner Jones ltd, so I have sent the original letter that postggj drafted for me, off to them now to.

Still to hear back from them.

In the meantime I also sent a copy of to santander, who wrote back saying that they had sold the debt on and it wasnt there problem anymore.

So I dont really know where I stand, and I am going to have mr heap at my doorstep again in about a week wanting more money or taking the car, and what happens about the PPI? will the company who has bought it off santander (close credit management who i have already written to) be liable to pay me the ppi back or what?