Brandon Case

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortuantley the precedent is already set from the first High COurt judgment and in any event today's hearing was only a hearing of an application for permission t appeal not a full appeal hearing. I don;t want to think the worst of Mr Brandon bu it is at least as likely that he took an offer and ran.

what dizzyblonde means is that the creditor may have done a deal in order to PREVENT an appeal court overturning the original decision

we will have to wait and see

but if he has done a deal- it would probably include a gagging order in which case we will never know

I seem to remember, just referring back to an earlier post on here, Lord Denning, then Master of the Rolls, stating that it was not allowable for any Judge to sit on or hear an appeal which concerned his own judgment. And on the fact that the High Court it has been said has set the precedant. Sorry only for the time being it may be overturned by the C of A at full hearing which then sets the precedent until overturned (or not as the case may be) in the Supreme Court.

regards

oilyrag

Getting the right judge is important, some are with you and some not irrespective of the merits of your case.

Edited by GuidoT

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

This from the HM Court Services Website:

On 25 November 2004, in the case of Hammond [CO/3775/04; Neutral Citation Number: [2004] EWHC (Admin) 2753], the Divisional Court considered the provisions of the Schedule. The Court concluded that the statute did allow for an oral hearing where the High Court Judge considered it was appropriate. The Court stressed that such a hearing would only be necessary in rare and unusual circumstances. It stated that “There will be rare cases where oral representations may be required and even rarer cases where oral evidence may be required. It will be for the Judge in each case to decide whether such evidence or such representations are required, depending on a close examination of the issue or issues that have to be decided by him in the proceedings, the full written materials available and submitted and the nature of the oral hearing required.”

This could be a good thing surely??

That is good, I presume Amex decided to consent to the appeal.

I see it has a trial window until the 15 March 2011, so it will be on soon.

Edited by GuidoT

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

• 1 month later...