witness statement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Actually, I would suggest that the above link is more of a skeleton argument.

A witness statement is simply you setting out the facts or the history of the case as you know them. They are not the place for a lot of legal argument - that should go in the skeleton argument.

This is what pt2537 had to say about it:-

Witness statements

3. witness statements are exactly that, witness statements, they are not skeleton arguments and should not be coinfused with them. your witness statement is your evidence, what YOU are going to say at trial. are you going to stand there and quote 11 paragraphs of wilson and first county trust while in the witness box under cross examination??? ?HELL NO of course your not , your gonna say , what happened when you entered into the agreemnt, your gonna say you never signed the agreement ( if thats the truth) and your gonna say what YOU know from your own memories and experiences. so thats what you put in your witness statement.

For example

3. The claimant has produced at exhibit XXXX 1 a copy of a credit agreement, i do not recognise this as my agreement as the document i was presented in 1998 was a single piece opf paper which i receved in my local branch. it was printed before me and was handed to me by the clerk.

4. There were no terms and conditionslink3.gif presented to me at that time.

5. the card arrived attached to a single piece of paper , this was a a4 piece of paper and had ............

PLEASE REMEMBER> you do not lie, if you cant remember then you say you cant remember, do not lie as it will discredit you if the other side catch you out and any chance of success you had just went down the toilet.

Skeleton Arguments

The skeleton argument is where your legal arguments are set out. you should exchange skeleton arguments before the hearing, this normally takes place 2 days before the hearing but can take place on the day (although i would want to make sure the judge has a copy before i get there)

This is the place for your references to Lord Nicholls of Birkenheads judgment, or whatever else you wish to argue.

i will try and post up an example skele so you can see how to set it out

Also see here:-

http://www.aboutsmallclaims.co.uk/witness-statement-example.html