WJ Kings Car Services

shortrob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

All help is really appreciated here!!

I recently took my car in to get repaired at the local WJ Kings garage. They found the fauls, quoted a price and completed the work. When I returned to pick up me car, I was told that some of the work had fallen under warranty and that I would not be required to pay for this. This was strange since the car was older than 3 years, I queried with the woman on the desk who assured me this was fine.

I collected the invoice, paid and left with my car.

Roughly two weeks later I received a call stating that I had underpaid and I was requried to pay the difference asap. Confused I said I would be in touch.

I have now received a letter stating that they will take me to the small claims court should I not pay the £99 additional fee (on a new invoice) within 14 working days.

Where do I stand on this one?

Thank you!

Thread moved.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

You need to expand on the problem. Is kings the franchised dealer for your car, what car is it and what was repaired under warranty.

It's not unusual for a car to go into a franchised dealer where if they are any good, will check for any outstanding service actions or warranty campaigns. What it sounds like to me here is that this has happened only for the dealer to find out that your car was outside of the affected chassis number range or that the claim period they are allowed to claim under has expired. Their mess up I would say as you gave your permission for this work to be carried out on that basis that the warranty covered it. They can't charge you for it.

Having said that, if this was the case what would normally happen is that the work they called you about would be detailled on the invoice for the work that you had requested and were liable for. This would normally be shown as FOC or have a W marked against it which indicates warranty. When you picked up the car you would have been required to sign a seperate job sheet confirming the warranty repairs.

First things first you need to state car, whether dealer is franchised for it or not.