False Advertising

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I went for an interview today. In the ad for the job it stated an hourly rate of £7.28 plus mileage and enhancments for weekends and bank holidays.

At the interview I was told the hourly rate was £6.25 for mon - fri and £6.50 for weekends. They also stated I would have to attend a 3 day course (unpaid) and shadowing (unpaid).

This may be common practice, any job I have had has been obtained through who I know and not what I know so I don't have any experience to compare.

I was taking a drop as it was with their advertised pay, if i knew if was even lower I wouldn't of wasted my time or theirs.

This is more of a rant than asking for advise. I would be interested in hearing anyone elses experiences :-)

I know that job agencies have a knack of doing what you talking about here. Their job description is so generic. The job I managed to get states "Duties are: Dismantling IT Equipment, Data wiping hardrives (full training given),basic data entry on a keyboard, wrapping of pallets, any other general warehouse duties as and when they arise." Out of this the only duty I am doing is wrapping of pallets of computer equipment. I was under the impression I would be involved with dismantling and wiping of hard drives and only very little of data entry I've done is on my first day. :mad2:

There was another agency with the same job but was showing a bit more detailed job description and on the reflection what they wrote I might of not asked to be taken on. Going back to my agency I don't understand why they wanted my expertise with IT equipment and being so adamant with it when I don't need it at all.

It's actually costing me a good slice of my weekly wages to travel to and from the site. I could quit but I would have to face that stigma of being one of those people who "don't like working". It's a shame I was looking forward going back to work getting money again but now I am stuck.

Edited by Greer8472

It seems they can say whatever they want and then just do whatever they want.

I have had 3 missed calls regarding the interview from yesterday. They caught me on the landline the forth time! They want to know when I can attend the training course.

I asked about the difference in hourly money she explained it was £6 odd an hour and the rest went into a holiday fund so you can take annual leave.

Even more confused now.

rolled up holiday is not inline with the Working Time Directive, essentially they are showing the hourly rate with the holiday pay as a percentage to make it an more attractive rate.

Trying to sell a job this way is wrong in my opinion.