MBNA .... have they sold my debt to a DCA?

benboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have posted elsewhere about my MBNA debt and the fact that I thought it had been sold to a DCA (Debt Clear Recoveries) and found out with info from other caggers that the debt had just moved to MBNA's own collection team.

Have now been sent a card from Allied Credit International entitled "warning" askimg me to phone a Mr Dickey - lol. Does this mean its now been sold on to a proper
DCA
link3.gif
? I reckon that means
MBNA
link3.gif
are not prepared to take me to court??? Surely if they had a chance of winning then they would have done just that, especially for in excess of £5k

Wait for them to write to you properly, with confirmation that the debt has been assigned to them. It is possible that they are just chasing on behalf of MBNA and have not actually purchased it.

If you own your house, have few other debts and MBNA had the correct paperwork, I can't see why they hadn't taken this to court. I think actually very few debts are subject to any court action. I suppose if they were awarded a low monthly payment amount, it would take quite a few years to obtain the money. So they probably just pass on the debt and pick up fees for assignment and eventual sale.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Uncle Bulgaria. Yes, it did mention on the card "on behalf of MBNA" etc.

A few weeks ago I made the mistake of answering my mobile to an unregistered mobile number. It was Debt Clear Recoveries! The lady asked why I stopped making payments. I told her because of no valid CCA. She said "What relevence has that got to your obligation to pay the debt off?" I told her that MBNA was the only creditor of mine not to accept the pro-rata repayment offer from CCCS. She said "I can assure you MBNA would always accept an offer from CCCS. I told her "No!, MNBA took the reduced monthly payment and piled on late payment fees and interest" She asked why I was no longer dealing with CCCS so I told her "Because of MBNA, they bullied me into paying more than CCCS had set as pro-rata just to stop interest and late payment fees" (they would not accept CCCS's monthly payment date, so I incurred charges).

It seems MBNA use the tricks of the trade to take advantage of people.

Well, now it's my turn!!! :whoo:

Edited by benboy