Advice on my halifax Credit card.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone hope someone could advise me.

I originaly applied for a credit card via amazon.co.uk which was underwritten by halifax. Now the apr when i applied was 9.9% which i also transfered from an existing card.

Now over the last 18 months the apr went up 12% to then 16% and then 19.9% which i phoned and said i could not afford it to go to 19.9%

Are they allowed to do this ? as the reason I got the card was due to the low intrest rate.

I do have a halifax one card with apr 9.9% which i have had for many years and the interest rate has not increased once.

Anyway back on track to my problem.

Due to unforseen medical problems I am no longer in work and teh insurance would not pay out due to pre-existing condidtion which is funny because the condition was diagnosed after years of having the insurance but they say it falls under a bad back blahh blah.

Now iam having difficulties paying my bills and withing the next months I may sturuggle to make anywere near the minimum payment.

Can I request to halifax to reduce my apr to 9% like my other card as if it was this I would be able to pay this if the apr was at a lower rate.

Any advice would be appreciated and directions to what i should do.

kind regards

Edited by Dragon2020