style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys after a little bit of advice,

so the story,

about 18 months to 2 years ago my sister recieved a letter for me at her address, bearing in mind i do not and have never lived there, for link financial saying the usual about an overdraft debt with abbey national, they were gonna this that nd the other, after send them a bogoff he dont live here letter, they started there usual tricks of phoning neighbours nd leaveing telemessages, anyway to cut a long story short they were given my address in scorchio land, i then started to recieve their drivil here which was quite usuefull as it made good kindling in the winter, they eventual sent a Stat demand second class post to my house in the middle of nowhere, i promptly ignored it, then heard nothing for over a year. Yesterday my sisters recieves a nasty letter from BCW addressed to me, i recieve the same letter today saying if i dont pay up the gonna take me court have my posessions seized personally remove nd sell my kidneys etc. Ok i never heard of BCW are they another DCA that link have sold the debt too, If so can they sell the debt if they already sent out an SD? any ideas wot i should do with these aholes, I will first off get a letter sent to them telling them to remove my sis address from thier database or else, any thing else i should know, thanks for your input.

Firstly you can check online whether they actually went through with the SD and obtained a CCJ by default using this: http://www.trustonline.org.uk/search-yourself/

Cost £8, and they email you the results.

As for BCW, YOUR sister, needs to tell them in no uncertain terms that they MUST stop using her address for your correspondence, if they continue to send deforestation to her address, she should simply write on the envelope RTS Not known at this address.

And keep a diary of events also, as to when these were delivered, failing that, stick them in the bin, if they can't use their state of the art tracing system, then tough cheddar.

They cannot remove your possessions, they are clearly deluded, but you MUST find out if they have been awarded a CCJ against you first, as that will alter things.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

As above and quote the following:

I keep receiving post addressed to someone else. What can I do?

Organisations have an obligation to keep their information up to date. If you have tried to contact the organisation to make them aware of the problem but you continue to receive the inaccurately addressed mail, we can consider your complaint. You can make a complaint under the Data Protection Act.

Here:Complaints - Privacy & electronic communication - ICO