Has anyone used A Notice of Correction?

rebel11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4889 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 months later...

I was told by my Business manger at the bank it makes little difference. In my case I was busy fighting court cases and battles with DCA's. In the end I got every default off as it had all been caused by an ex and it was all proven in the end. However I still struggled to get any credit until everything was removed. Business manger said NOC is really just your word against someone else's at the time. Not likely to sway anyone too much I dont think.

Be nice if it did though wouldn't it? Especially if you have say a squeaky clean record, years and years of green ticks and a CCJ from a DCA who sneakily got it by sending to your old address (typical Bryan Carter technique). Be nice if you notice said "papers sent to wrong address after account was in dispute, and therefore no chance to defend. Currently seeking set aside in this" and people would read it and make a sensible informed decision.......

They are not really worth it as they time out after a certain period and are removed anyway. They may an have an effect if you make the CRA only manualy process your data.

Its the same as a partial or full settlement they make no difference, people must remember the CRA's are not your friend, the make little or no effort to check facts and take DCA's word as gospel. Not to mention they even charge you to see your own data.

Notice of corrections and setteled defaults do not make a difference. The decision system is automatic and it only looks for defaults ccjs iva's etc and not for information within such as setteled accounts or noc's. I know this by experiance.

˙os op oʇ pǝʞsɐ ssǝlun ǝƃɐssǝɯ ǝʇɐʌıɹd ʎq ǝɯ ʇɔɐʇuoɔ ʇou op ǝsɐǝlԀ ˙pǝɹnɔɔo sǝssol ʎuɐ ɹo ǝɹnlıɐɟ ɟo ʇlnsǝɹ ɐ sɐ ǝlqɐıl plǝɥ ǝq ʇou llɐɥs I ˙llıʍpooƃ ɟo ǝɹnʇsǝƃ ɐ sɐ os ǝuop sı uǝʌıƃ ǝɔıʌpɐ ʎu∀