Need Help, Taking on the CRA's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

All letters sent Recorded Delivery. Wescot and Muck Hall received theirs today. Hopefully AK will find somebody capable of signing for their letter tomorrow. Equifax should have theirs tomorrow too.

I hate playing the waiting game. :|

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

I await the responses with great expectations if every one would do the same

we can beat the bxxxrds:-D

Brig

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Received my first letter back this morning, I must admit, I was very suprised at the speed!

img062.jpg

I am going to try to compose a letter re compensation.

Any ideas of what I should say?

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

Hi, Thats a good one now make em pay for the error

First now make a ''request for compensation'' if the answer no good it's the letter

before action, and you have shown your self to be reasonable.

Well done!!

BRIG

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Just composed this.

Dear Ms Roberts,

Thank you for your letter dated 21/09/2010 the contents of which have been duly noted.

I must admit that I am a little upset that you now consider this matter closed – as you indicate by your title “Final Response”.

I am also surprised at the speed at which you have conducted your internal investigation. This to me indicates that this is not a new problem that you have encountered, and that this is a common place practice.

I note that you have made no comment regarding the impact your actions have had on my credit file or my ability to obtain credit.

While I appreciate your apology, I will be investigating this matter further as I feel I may be entitled to some form of compensation regarding the amount of money and rewards I have missed out on because of your actions.

I look forward to your speedy response in this matter.

It will be on her desk in the morning and in her inbox within minutes!

That's Brill, I would suggest copying it in writing RD so you keep the paper trail obvious.

Brig.

Sorry misread you pst

That's Brill, I would suggest copying it in writing RD so you keep the paper trail obvious.

Brig.

Everything gets printed off twice - 1 for their files and 1 for mine, and the post office should give me shares for the amount of money I spend on RD letters ;o)

Hi Just had Equifax's response to my ''Polite'' request for compensation, they will get my letter

before action tomorrow!!:razz:

Had a response from Aktiv Kapital:

I refer to your recent correspondence.

I can confirm that we have amended our records and have instructed our Credit Files Department to remove any and all searches made by Aktiv Kapital (UK) Limited from your credit file. Please allow 7-10 working days for any changes to take effect.

It is my understanding that any searches created in this manner are only visible to you and not to any potential creditors.

I trust the above meets with your requirements. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

Well, they can be of further assistance, they can get their chequebook out, because not only are they the biggest culprit, the searches they made were regarding a stat barred debt (and they have sent me a letter confiming that the debt is stat barred)!!!!

Hi, well that one good result , I don't thik the writers '' understanding' is correct though do you, from my experience with MH Rob Sands letter makes plain Table 1 Searches are ''inappropriate.''

Just finished all the stuff for the MP ready to post Monday.

My grateful thanks to all those who contributed!!!:-)

Well the 7 days to respond are up and I am yet to hear from Wescot and Huggy is yet to hear from Aktiv Kapital, which is strange because both Huggys and my letters were signed for on the same day and I have had a response to mine.

The track and trace service are saying that the letters to Equifax have not been delivered yet, but they have because I rang them!

Going to give Wescot and Akitiv another day then yell at them again.

Any good idea's as to what to put in the next letter?

HB

update. my credit file with EQUIFAX shows there is no seaches in any table 1 section.they have even given me another 30 day free trial. and i did find this helpful when contacting the DCA'S about listing searches in table 1.

Previous searches appearing on your Credit Report show lenders that you have made applications for credit. Searches for lending purposes would not normally be viewed as adverse information. If however there were an unusually large number of Credit Searches in a relatively short period of time, this may be interpreted by a lender as being indicative of over-commitment or maybe even fraud. These types of searches are displayed in Table 1. :whoo:

Edited by huggy41
missed a full stop

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

Hi Huggy,

I have written a legal argument for the ICO about the wording used by the CRA's on the search headers Eqiufax's statements are

contradictory as to who can or cannot see Table 1 searches.

Experians searches are definately safer and if a DCA searches they are not viewable.

The most important point I believe is the STATEMENT ''SEARCHES UNDERTAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH CREDIT APPLICATIONS''

If there is a search for any other reason than a credit application it is inappropriate and misleading data and the company should be liable for any after effects etc. caused by the placing of such a search.

Any thoughts on that very welcome.

Brig.

Hi brig i totaly agree both the DCA'S and the CRA'S should be held responsible for and i quote

this may be interpreted by a lender as being indicative of over-commitment or maybe even fraud.

for instance if i am the owner of a shop and i let certain peolpe put things in my shop window I AM responsible for what they put on display .therfor Equifax cannot claim ignorance. and as we all know ignoance is no defence.

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

Even ignorance requires some sort of brain I'll be bugxxxrd if I can any signs of active cell in DCa's & CRA's, so I think we may have a problem!!:lol:

Brig.

• 2 weeks later...

Brigggggggggggggggg Helppppppppppppppp

One of them playing silly beggers, so I have told them I am taking them to court!

Need your advice as to what to do next.

OK PM me all the details you can I'll go through it all with you and we will get it sorted,''Keep Calm and Carry ON''

May be a little delay in reply but will get back to you same day.:madgrin:

I have e-mailed the ICO with a generic complaint on this and will send documents when I can tomorrow.

If there is any more inf on the ''Credit Card [problem]'' let me know.

Brig.

• 10 months later...

Hahahaha, almost 12 months after I was paid compensation, the company have still not removed the table 1 searches. Oh well, here I go again :mad2:

I think you may have

missed the information

I received from the ICO and FOS that

they consider Table 1 searches for outstanding

debt something that potential lender should

see I have enquiry i n to the dept of Business and

skills on this.