can i claim my Virgin Media fees back?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

they charge 10 pound if you're late paying your bill.

that hasn't happen lots, but i wondered.

they charge 5 pound per month if you don't pay by direct debit.

i've had those fees since i joined Virgin Media in january 2006.

they charge 1.25p per month for receiving a paper bill...instead of just an E-bill.

which i have also been charge for since i joined in jan' 2006.

A friend of mine tried to do a similar thing with BT fees - claiming that she wasn't aware she could've been making a monthly saving by having paperless billing.

BT were having none of it, they offered to switch her to paperless but not to backdate any of those payments even after she made further complaints - apparently, it was all in the terms when she signed up... which obviously everybody reads...

A friend of mine tried to do a similar thing with BT fees - claiming that she wasn't aware she could've been making a monthly saving by having paperless billing.

BT were having none of it, they offered to switch her to paperless but not to backdate any of those payments even after she made further complaints - apparently, it was all in the terms when she signed up... which obviously everybody reads...

The terms are probably assessable for fairness under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999, and would probably be deemed unfair as they are effectively forcing you to use a specific payment method, or bill receipt process.

There are some threads around about these issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Virgin threatened court proceedings for £5 and something odd pence after I was forced to end my contract with them when they crossed over to cable because this area cannot provide cable.

They stated the charges were for four days of use which was incorrect - the contract had stopped for a month by then and a new contract with BT started and in force which I could prove. Nevertheless I got a snotty response when I telephoned their call centre and after a lengthy dispute I paid up, it wasn’t worth the time and effort but I will never use Virgin again.

Virgin threatened court proceedings for £5 and something odd pence after I was forced to end my contract with them when they crossed over to cable because this area cannot provide cable.

They stated the charges were for four days of use which was incorrect - the contract had stopped for a month by then and a new contract with BT started and in force which I could prove. Nevertheless I got a snotty response when I telephoned their call centre and after a lengthy dispute I paid up, it wasn’t worth the time and effort but I will never use Virgin again.

I'd reclaim it, on principle

Life is too short to worry about small things when there are larger things to deal with but otherwise, I agree with you, Car :-)

The problem there is that you can only take so much - I don't let them away with anything, these days. £2.50 here, £5 there - all adds up. It's my money, and they aren't getting it! Ha! Lol

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)