Disputed Account - Company Refusing to Acknowledge Dispute

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am currently in a very heated dispute with a loan company, (for anonomity, we'll refer to them as Foxtrot-Lima-Mike) and six weeks ago, I sent them a recorded letter asking them to formally mark my account as in dispute until the matter of the (by my analysis) unlawful charges has been cleared up.

I am still being billed, and having interest applied. Is this lawful?

Further to this, I have a recording of a spectacuarly unhelpful lady at the company "reading out my letter" (after I asked) then stopping shy of the line about disputing the account because "she was being recorded" then refusing to continue to read my letter. - They clearly know the account has formally been placed into dispute.

When asked why they haven't acted on it, they continue to insist "it's not really something we can do."

This company has also (rather hillariously) claimed to not be registered with the FSA, then when I invited the guy on the phone to type his companies record number into the FSA database, claiming "it must be somebody else...." at their address... with their phonenumber..... right.....

Any help appreciated. Before I start getting "nasty" what are my rights after disputing an amount owed formally? Are the loan company obliged to acknowledge the dispute?

Regards,

Andy

by dispute you mean you are reclaiming unlawful charges?

they can still charge interest and bill you and you should keep paying.

it is not a good idea to converse by phone on these matters

i would simply write again to them and state that the case will be refered to the FOS after 8 weeks from your initial letter.

you need to give us more info & what you are reclaiming and there is no need to be so coy, lets have the name aND THEN OTHERS CAN HELP TOO.

DX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...