Wifey -v- HFO Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Concilian Group is, I think, a Malta company, so very private.

The next one to watch out for is Validor Capital which I reckon will take over the reins of the various HFO entities. Validor has already been mentioned on some HFO legal letters.

http://validorcapital.com/

Sadly they have removed the ‘our people’ page which included nice pics and bios of Messrs Nathan and Turnbull, but I have a screen grab of it somewhere...

• Confused 1

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its amazing that all these un-conected companies like Barclaycard, M&S, Welcome Finance etc all use the exact same font, font size, and letter layout for their notice of assignments.

You would almost believe they were written by the same person, wouldn't you Steph?

Steph prefers to be in the scrum.......

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

She must enjoy living in Dublin though:wink:

Wimbledon is in Dublin innit.......

Many years ago Wimbledon FC threatened to move to Dublin... about 1996... so there’s the link that will be mentioned in court to justify the letters!

Right, Barclaycard "don't have any more information" than this (we'll soon see what a SAR manages to find, eh?) but it was sold to ROXBURGHE in 2006. Strange, the notice of assignment said HFO Services Limited.

An admin error, I'm sure. (Am I catching on now? :p )

Perhaps when someone tripped over on their bi-daily trip to the solicitors (you know, where they accidentally fall and 1,000 letters accidentally fall into the solicitors franking machine) they dropped the notice of assignment onto an HFO Services stamp?

Ah, yet another one “sold” to Roxburghe.

I guess you mean HFO Capital Ltd, rather than Services.

Don’t worry – HFO will arrange for someone in a back office at Barclaycard to produce a letter saying it was sold to HFO. They always appear in court, usually with the wrong HFO Capital so they compound their errors even more.

Call back and ask them to confirm in writing that it was sold to Roxburghe (then listen to the alarm bells ring).

Ah, yet another one “sold” to Roxburghe.

Don’t worry – HFO will arrange for someone in a back office at Barclaycard to produce a letter saying it was sold to HFO. They always appear in court, usually with the wrong HFO Capital so they compound their errors even more.

Call back and ask them to confirm in writing that it was sold to Roxburghe (then listen to the alarm bells ring).

starting to look like only one person at Barclaycard thinks it was sold to somebody else.........

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Oh no, the 100% genuine notice of assignment that's printed on letterheads obtained by the time travelling janitor said HFO Services. They wouldn't be lying to me, would they? :o

I've no doubt that was actually the Barclaycard logo at the time and all other documentation and advertising was just full of admin errors...

Oh no, the 100% genuine notice of assignment that's printed on letterheads obtained by the time travelling janitor said HFO Services. They wouldn't be lying to me, would they? :o

I've no doubt that was actually the Barclaycard logo at the time and all other documentation and advertising was just full of admin errors...

I’ve just looked at it – it claims HFO Capital Ltd as the assignee.

There we go, they need to be reported to Companies House, if they are legally using an address to have court papers served from they need to have the address registered at Companies House.

Yes, you have claims by HFO Capital Dublin, issuing claims using a UK address and HFO Capital are not registered at Companies House.

Feels like the world and it's dog are against us on this one. The wife's picked up a chest infection, my laptop has gone pop and we've had a pretty much useless reply from HFO. Can't imagine what's going to go wrong next. :rolleyes:

In summary, the reply stated they sent us a copy of the credit agreement in October (which they did, but we asked specifically for another...). They won't supply any call transcripts because "you never had a conversation with HFO Services through our recorded telephone line". They claim to have sent a request to Barclaycard for statements and default notices but it'll take 25-30 days to process. The only thing they did supply is a letter from Barclaycard to my wife to say the debt (of £1300 or so at the time) was assigned to HFO Capital Limited with an address of HFO Services Limited in Surrey. Date on the letter is May 2006.

What's the next step from here? With delays in post at Christmas and everything it's been left until the last minute before we're able to construct a defence but having not gone through this before we've no idea what's supposed to go in one.

Thanks again everyone. :)

Have you got a Notice of assignment for this yet, if so can we see it please, with your personal details redacted.

What HFOCL are they claiming it is, Ireland or Caymans. have they given you any more docs ?

If this was a Caymans account then it would need to be assigned via HFOCL-C to HFOSL

We have loads of these old account instances. If youve got NOA, is it old style BC corporate identity or thier new one ?

Cover letter. http://i54.tinypic.com/2i0q2l3.jpg

Letter from "Account Manager". http://i51.tinypic.com/14id0rc.jpg

Assignment Letter. http://i54.tinypic.com/9rhhu8.jpg

Since someone mentioned it I took a close look at the logo on the assignment letter. Certainly seems to be evidence around the "cla" that it's been scanned and taken from elsewhere to be dumped into new letters. Certainly nowhere near the professional clarity I'd expect from a letter straight from Barclaycard!

Wife tried to ring on the supplied number, but the line is only open 9-5. I'll get her to call first thing tomorrow so I can report back with details.

Is access to the credit report critical at this point? We've already used a free trial a few years back so it's likely going to cost us for access.

Here you are.

All wrong! So wrong!

It just claims HFOCL, does not specify which.

But we know that HFOCL only now exists (with a valid CC licence) as the Ireland version, so we have another case of ‘passing off’ HFO Cayman as HFO Ireland, without the provision of any notice of assignment between the two. Which is NOT a de minimis issue, as HFO would have us think. They have claimed in court that because the two companies have the same name, the debtor is not prejudiced. What cock.

And that’s before we talk about CP2...

The links to the supposed NoA, from 2006 but on 2008 headed paper, are above.

On the N1 HFO Capital are giving their address as Roxburghe House, an address used by both Roxburghe and Services, Capital have no UK address registered with Companies House.

They are though registered with the ICO at that address as well as Dublin.

Right, given that we've now established that they haven't actually given ANY of the details asked for in the CPR request, do I go with the defence that I've got here that says they haven't responded to the request? If so, we'll get that in the post/faxed/emailed/whatever today.

Cheers again all. :)