anyone had dealings with philipscollectionservices .org.uk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yep nasty little shower

watchout as advised, they will try and makeout they can use their bailiff powers on a civil DCA debt

basically don't talk to them on the phone as with any DCA.

sit tight till you give us more info.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Keep a diary of events with a view to reporting them to your local Police station for the criminal offence of harassment,

[1 Prohibition of harassment

(1) A person must not pursue a course of conduct—

(a) which amounts to harassment of another, and

(b) which he knows or ought to know amounts to harassment of the other.

(2) For the purposes of this section, the person whose course of conduct is in question ought to know that it amounts to harassment of another if a reasonable person in possession of the same information would think the course of conduct amounted to harassment of the other.

(3) Subsection (1) does not apply to a course of conduct if the person who pursued it shows—

(a) that it was pursued for the purpose of preventing or detecting crime,

(b) that it was pursued under any enactment or rule of law or to comply with any condition or requirement imposed by any person under any enactment, or

© that in the particular circumstances the pursuit of the course of conduct was reasonable.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1

/QUOTE]

And to http://www.ofcom.org.uk/contact-us/

For the breach of the communications act,

127 Improper use of public electronic communications network

(1) A person is guilty of an offence if he—

(a) sends by means of a public electronic communications network a message or other matter that is grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character; or

(b) causes any such message or matter to be so sent.

(2) A person is guilty of an offence if, for the purpose of causing annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to another, he—

(a) sends by means of a public electronic communications network, a message that he knows to be false,

(b) causes such a message to be sent; or

© persistently makes use of a public electronic communications network.

(3) A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable, on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale, or to both.

(4) Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply to anything done in the course of providing a programme service (within the meaning of the Broadcasting Act 1990 (c. 42)).

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2003/ukpga_20030021_en_13#pt2-ch1-pb20-l1g127

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 month later...

To answer the phone for people who struggle to deal with calls from these low life dca.

It all started with a call from our good friends Philips Collection Services who were calling for someone who i never heard off, i told them as such but the calls kept coming.

So i thought in some what perverse way i would wind them up the next time they called and 5 more calls later im hooked,now while i freely admit to living on my own i do have a life but they have not called for 5 days now and im missing our conversations, i've even tried ringing them, but they can't find me on the system.I've had so much fun talking 5hit that the last one got so fed up and threatened to send a field agent around, oh i said that sounds exciting i will get the kettle on.

So im thinking that i will setup one of them personal numbers and anyone under pressure with calls from **** can give them my number and i can continue my fun,in the mean time im sitting by my phone waiting for philips.

god bless you all

• Confused 1

It is so much more fun with a truecall, you can listen to it over and over again, and hone your DCA baiting skills for the next time, try talking off a script so hilarious, especially when they are trying to stick to theirs and your sticking to yours.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Not had a call from my buddies at philips for a while now so i guess they don't want to play anymore.

Im all setup now, have got a payg sim and im ready to take calls for anyone that needs help, just pm me and i will let you have the number to give them.

I do wish i could listen to them again boo.

My finest moment was when they called and asked for mr xx i pretended the line was bad, got him to spell the name out while i typed loudly on my keyboard, i then said 'COMPUTER SAYS NO'

If you take all the marketing calls as well, you could set up a call centre to answer everyones unwanted calls !!!!!!

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

This is a quote from an old thread, recently revived, and it cheered me up. I am looking forward to someone ringing me again so I can just say 'arse' to them for five minutes!

I have been dealing with HFO for many months, i actually enjoy winding them up on the phone, i stated to them that i had sent a CCA and would not speak to them on the phone untill this was fourth-coming, and wait for it, you will laugh, the 'gentleman' at the other end said he had full legal right to phone me everyday and do not deal or are affiliated to CCA, and therefore did not have to abide by 'thier rules'. i asked him if he was familiar with the company CCA and he replied yes i have heard of them but they carry no weight with us, he hung up after about 4 minutes of me continuously laughing at him down the phone.

i also requested thier address and offered to have a face to face where he could show me the CCA , however he would only give a po box, so i continued the rest of the conversation only saying the word 'arse', when he became irrate and started to shout i just said arse louder.

they also use a dialler, best way to deal with this is to answer wait to be connected to a weesel at the other end then hang up.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

I had somebody from the Money Shop phone my work no yesterday after another employee and I upset them by not giving any details out and asking for the proof that the person they wanted had given my number... they backtracked and said that Head Office had given the number....

I think the idea of getting a dummy phone no to give to these people is a good one, will waste them a lot of time, maybe one of those pay as you go mobiles and then when they leave their voicemails for the person you have a lovely trail of how aggresive they can be.

To answer the phone for people who struggle to deal with calls from these low life dca.

It all started with a call from our good friends Philips Collection Services who were calling for someone who i never heard off, i told them as such but the calls kept coming.

So i thought in some what perverse way i would wind them up the next time they called and 5 more calls later im hooked,now while i freely admit to living on my own i do have a life but they have not called for 5 days now and im missing our conversations, i've even tried ringing them, but they can't find me on the system.I've had so much fun talking 5hit that the last one got so fed up and threatened to send a field agent around, oh i said that sounds exciting i will get the kettle on.

So im thinking that i will setup one of them personal numbers and anyone under pressure with calls from **** can give them my number and i can continue my fun,in the mean time im sitting by my phone waiting for philips.

god bless you all

aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaahahahaha :lol:

I made one panic the other day , i basically pointed out all the flaws in her argument for half an hour, then at the end read out all the misakes she had made and said i was going to post the conversation on youtube and ask her how she felt about that, the phone went dead :lol:

When i'm in mood for it , i just love being phoned! bring it on!

Edited by master woody

I love being phoned. It keeps me and my wife laughing for ages because she cannot believe how much front I have. It's quite simple; they are, in the main, a bunch of muppets.

Next time they call, try these little beauties that were from a post I made over a year ago.

1. Use a husky, dirty phone sex voice but ask normal questions about the proposed offer. “Is it a low interest rate? mmmmm…I like low interest rates…really low…”

2. In an outrageously excited tone: “Thank god you called!!!” Explain that an online psychic told you that your future lover would randomly call disguised as an *******.

3. Say you are hard of hearing and see how loud they will shout into the phone.

4. Allow the DCA to fully explain the issues. When he is finished explain that his company hired you to randomly spot check DCA's on their performance. Tell him that he did a good job overall, but that he is a bit monotone and needs to fluctuate his tone of voice more to sound convincing. He also should pause longer between sentences, and more clearly pronounce the letter “s”. Tell him you won’t report him if he repeats his speech to you with the appropriate corrections. Repeat.

5. Be incredibly polite as they explain their offer, but make farting noises once in a while and ask whether there is something wrong with the connection. 6. In an annoyed tone cut them off mid sentence : “Dan, stop screwing around…we have to get rid of this body fast, did you find a chainsaw or not?”

7. “Congratulations! You’re the 100th caller on the (insert local radio station) Sweet Vacation Giveaway Blast Marathon. You’ve just won a backstage pass to Supermarket Sweep and the use of Dale Winton's celebrity home.”

8. Flirt.

9. Keep repeating, “I knew you were going to say that…”

10. Stutter on a syllable of an obvious word in a sentence… see how long it takes before he completes the phrase. When he does, get upset, and say “That really hurts my fee…fee… fee… fee…feel…fee… fee… fee…” ad infinitum.

11. Go to the toilet and be quite upfront that you have done this... the silence is deafening ;-)

12. Mid pitch, stop him and complement him on his wonderful voice. Explain that you are a voiceover scout and might have a breakthrough commercial job for him. Ask if he wouldn’t mind doing a quick test. Ask him to say in a deep husky voice “May cause dizziness, diarrhea, vomiting and shortness of breath. A small number of participants in a recent clinical trial experienced weight loss, irregular clotting, abnormally frequent and/or painful urination and hair loss. Results may vary”

13. Ask how much it would take to get him to stop working as a DCA agent. Start at £50. Say you are dead serious.

14. Ask if he will be your friend if you pay... your very best friend.

15. Tie obscure facts about Barbara Streisand to everything thing he says,, “2.3% interest rate? oh my…did you know Barbara was 23 when she filmed Funny Girl…”

16. Every few minutes repeat, “You’re going to have to bear with me, I have a slight short term memory loss problem…who is this again?”

17. “Oh my god, I used to have your job…does Bob still work there (repeat names until you find a match)…which building are you in?” Escalate coincidence until you both realise that you sat in the same chair. Explain that you had to quit work when your genitals mysteriously vanished.

18. Challenge them to any contest you like... like connect 4 or monopoly... state your superiority and their lack of masculinity.

19. My personal favourite... Every half-minute ask him to hold and pretend to scream at your invalid mother. “You want to use the bathroom??? Well stop whining and get up out of the wheelchair for a change. You just sit there and think about that for a while, mother. Can’t you see I’m on the damn phone?”

20. Forgive him. Tell him you did. Over and over again, until he hangs up. Then secretly take it back.

People here must have missed my meritforce "conversations" posted here on CAG? Here's the link to both...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?193601-Just-had-an-online-chat-with-Meritforce-Mackenzie-Hall-pics-added&highlight=

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?194594-New-online-chat-with-Meritforce-today...-pics-added...-enjoy&highlight=