Trying to post a new thread.... lol

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please let me in on your secret I have tried and tried but no luck. I feel sorry for the newbies who come here when they are at their lowest time and then when they finally build up the confidence to start a new thread 'computer says no'.

Really hard to explain... but the details are in the link to one of my other threads:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?240186-Dissecting-the-Manchester-Test-Case/page156

Take a read of this page onwards, see what you make of it and I'll try and help you through it if you get stuck. Once the new thread is posted, you can access CAG in the normal way.... it's just starting new threads that seems to be the problem.

Good luck! :-)

how do you find the threads you are already subscribed to??

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

The quickest way I've found is to click on your username in your post which takes you to your profile page and it says something like "All Started Threads" on the left hand side :-)

Posted too quickly! Your subs should be in there somewhere too!

nope not the threads I started - the threads which I have subscribed to /am following??

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

Just checked again - only my threads are there - not the 160 plus threads I am subscribed to.......................

Thanks x

I'm not sure the change is for the better.....................

Can someone explain the problem please

Using IE6 (which I think is the one causing the problems)

I can browse the forum e.g. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?23-The-Bear-Garden

and under the Announcements, but above the list of threads is a 'Post New Thread' button

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

Can someone explain the problem please

Using IE6 (which I think is the one causing the problems)

I can browse the forum e.g. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?23-The-Bear-Garden

and under the Announcements, but above the list of threads is a 'Post New Thread' button

The problem is... that it doesn't work when you try to "post new thread". When the button is pressed, you get a blank screen instead.

In IE could you click Help then About and tell me what version number it is.

Might get closer to tracking it down then :-)

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

I've got Internet Explorer 7.... and it's a work laptop (not mine), so I can't make any changes to that..... at least I don't think so.

The techie people will probably update it some time after I go back to work in September 'coz I've heard we're getting sparkly new machines :-).... but this could just be wishful thinking :-(

Ok, the form to post a new thread is there it is just waaaaaaay off to the right.

At the bottom of the screen you will see a scroll bar, get the blank bit (where the form should be) on your screen and scroll across and you'll find it.

Interesting, for some reason IE7 thinks the page should be about 24 screens wide and then puts the form in the middle ....

• Haha 1

Ok, the form to post a new thread is there it is just waaaaaaay off to the right.

At the bottom of the screen you will see a scroll bar, get the blank bit (where the form should be) on your screen and scroll across and you'll find it.

Interesting, for some reason IE7 thinks the page should be about 24 screens wide and then puts the form in the middle ....

Oh YES!!!!!!!! :-)

gh.... you're a star!!!! :-) :-)

Is there any way of making this public knowledge for everyone?

I've pm'd Webby a temp fix - need more caffeine before trying to find out why .... :lol:

What is incredible is the difference between IE6 & IE7 really bizarre you would have thought IE6 would be worse but it's all aesthetics - with IE7 it was rendered almost unusable

Don't we all just love Micro$oft :lol:

where are they missing - exact address or what you are doing - I've got so many browsers and pages open here - 2 screens and 4 virtual machines

ah found one :D

was that one of yours?