Welcome Finance Chasing Me Secured Loan

cb543
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anybody could give me some advice. Some years ago I had a secured loan for £17,000 with Welcome Finance. I have been paying this for 7 years now (I defaulted for a few months a couple of years ago) On my latest statement I still owe £17,000 after 7 years of paying. As they have actually had the money back that I originally borrowed is there anything I can do about this now? I presume I have spent the last 7 years just paying interest and interest on arrears. If they were to attempt to re-possess would the court take into consideration the amount I have already paid back? They are phoning me all the time just recently asking me to remortgage to pay them off, unfortunately due to my poor credit rating this option isnt available to me. Many thanks

i think its worth your while to read the threads in this forum plenty bof peeps would have been in similiar situation.

i would say they would advise to scan your agrrements and post up after removed any personal info if you dont have agreements you need to send a subject access request to them

Remember, you dont just borrow £17,000 and pay that back, and its all done and dusted. Of course there will be interest to pay back on the loan (and if you defaulted in the early term, as you state, and then failed to repay these and the charges applied, your total repayable will increase drastically!!) As above, suggest you scan and post your agreements and statements minus personal information.