Finding a new bank with a CCJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

A mate of mine has a CCJ, and is having problems getting a bank account. I advised her to go to Natwest, which is who gave me an account when I had huge debts before I went Bankrupt, but they declined her.

Does anyone have any suggestions of banks she can try?

Thanks,

Lisa

He is entitled to open a basic bank a/c with no credit facilities & will be provided with a DD card etc, all banks should offer a basic a/c but unfortunately 'front line' staff in the branches are not all aware of this. He would probably find it easier to apply 'online' with somewhere like the Cooperative & Natwest although a branch may have declined..

I have two CCJS and about forty creditors so you can imagine my credit file is shot to hell! I rang up the Co-Operative Bank last week because it is the only bank to whom I do not owe any money and I wanted to ringfence my income.

I asked the guy on the phone for a Cashminder Accound, comes with a Visa debit card and you can withdraw up to £250 a day from any machine, as well as internet banking. They gave me a reference number and I went with it into a branch, handed them my passport and the account was open within a week.

So I thoroughly recommend them.