Me v Tesco/Incasso

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Helo all,

I took out a personal loan via Tesco fnance in October 2007 and despite losing my job I managed to keep up the payments until April 2008. In February 2009 I received a letter from Triton asking for a payment in 7 days. I didn't reply to the letter at all and since then I have heard nothing from them, until today. I received a letter from Incasso LLP demanding full payment within 14 days.

I called them to explain that I am out of work and receiving 10p a week in JSA with other monies going directly to my mortgage lender. The only income I receive is £155PM in Tax Credits. I also explained that I was dealing with the CCCS and that I could offer a token payment due to extreme financial difficulties. The response was that they had been instructed that unless I agreed to pay at £150PM over 5 years they would apply to the court for a charge on my property. There is no negotiation, that is what they intend to do.

This has certainly scared me and I would dearly like some advice on what I can do and more importantly what they can actually do.

I owe money to the likes of CapitalOne, NatWest and Barclaycard, all of which have accepted token payments. Do Incasso alays operate in such an aggressive way?

Thanks in advance.

STOP talking to these cretins on the phone, in writing with everything.

Send Incasso a CCA request http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter.

Let's see if they are entitled to collect the debt.

Edit as necessary enclose a £1 postal order and DO NOT SIGN IT.

Stop worrying

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

If you send it recorded it will be 12 working days from when they receive it.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

It has been known (anecdotally) for CRAs to lift signatures off letters and apply them to application forms.

it is BELEIVED (By some) that this May happen although i doubt if anyone on this forum can state such a case that has been proven to have occurred

but they are right- there is no need of a signature

make sure you send a £1 postal order or someone elses cheque and endorse the back "fee for s77/79 request only"

send it recorded or at least with a proof of posting receipt

from now on keep ALL envelopes from incoming letters and staple them to the back of the letter

• 5 months later...

there is no legal requirement for a signature- so if they have not complied with s78 then although they can bring proceedings they cannot obtain judgement

acknowlegd the claim on the last day allowed and then you have 28 days to file your defence- which- if they have not complied with s78 will be simple

Do I just sign and send back the Acknowledgement of service form and tick the "I intend to defend all of this claim" box?

If so I presume it needs to be sent recorded.

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit dumb but this is the first time I've had one of these. All my other creditors have accepted reduced payments due to severe financial difficulties.

Do I just sign and send back the Acknowledgement of service form and tick the "I intend to defend all of this claim" box?

If so I presume it needs to be sent recorded.

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit dumb but this is the first time I've had one of these. All my other creditors have accepted reduced payments due to severe financial difficulties.

no, because it came from Northampton you can do it online- follow the instructions on the claim form or log onto HMCS website for info- dont acknowledge service until the very last day so that you get more time for your defence

northampton will transfer it to your local court

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

It's very simple, if they have been in contact with you previously then they happy as to your identity, if they are now saying they need a signature to confirm your identity, then they have already breached the very guidelines/law they are purporting to be using! Can't have it both ways I'm afraid, if they are not happy as to your identity, then they should have thought about that before they sent you their first threatogramme.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&p=2788625

http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/markup.cgi?doc=/uk/other/journals/JILT/2000/reed_3.html&query=Goodman+and+v+and+J+and+Eban+and+Ltd&method=boolean

if you have made the s78 request from the address that they have for you- then there is no reason for them to suppose/suspect/demand proof of identity and they were not entitled to refuse to comply with the s78 request

they are therefore in breach of s78 which means that they can BRING proceedings against you but cannot obtain judgement if they win

• 2 weeks later...