Letting agent keeping bond.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5077 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, the attached letter arrived this morning, and I'd like some opinions as to how to proceed next.

The house was cleaned to a high standard by 2 of the mothers before handover. When handover took place, the agent told the last tenant to leave that everything was in order - although nothing in writing!!

The bounced direct debits are not outstanding, but were each paid within a few days of being informed.

The letter arrived this morning (21st July), postmarked the 19th, but letter dated 12th.

Anyway I'm fuming and would like a few 2nd opinions before I contact them.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Mike.

HouseLet210710010.pdf

Edited by mikrt

Ask for invoices, and say you intend to dispute. Contact the tenancy protection scheme (if applicable).

Do you have the check in inventory.

Are the direct debit charges bank charges charged to the agent?

By "light cleaning" do they mean cleaning lights or do they mean cleaning lightly!?

Thanks for replies so far,

To bring you up to date, I've spoken at length to the student who actually did the key handover when the agent did the inventory, and the rep told him that the beds with damaged slats was so old she'd record it as wear & tear. She mentioned that one bedroom could do with a clean, so he gave it a good vacuum while she looked at other rooms and when she re-inspected she said she was happy with that.

As far as I'm concerned, anything that's brought up after the inspection is not my/our responsibility, although the problem is there's nothing in writing, but, surely the fact that they've got nothing with a signature on it means they haven't got anything to hold us to any costs??

The last tenant (who did handover) still lives in Cardiff and will be visiting their office tomorrow, although I suspect they wont talk to him as I'm the named rep' - I'm 100 miles away.

Any other views welcome,

Mike.