Cancelling RAC membership - advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had RAC membership for two years now. I have found their service to be extremely unsatisfactory and so I was not intending to renew it this year. But I moved house recently and they sent all the renewal documents to my old address. I didn't think to inform them of my new address as I wasn't intending to renew my membership. So I didn't realise they had automatically renewed my membership until I saw the charge for £90 on my credit card statement.

Phoned them up to cancel and get a refund and was told that I was outside their 14 day cooling off period by 5 days. I explained that I didn't even know I had renewed the membership as they sent all the bumf about it to my old address. They said it was my responsibility to inform them of a change of address and so they couldn't refund my £90.

Is there anything I can do to cancel my membership and get my £90 back. I explained that I was intending to leave as I had found their service to be extremely poor, and got their head office address to write to, but I'm not sure what I should be saying in any letter.

Can anyone please offer me some advice?

P.S. If this post is in the wrong place I apologise. I couldn't find anywhere specifically to do with motoring breakdown companies...