Benefit Fraud Allegation. Need Advice.

psyshadow
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

had you walked in my shoes and known what happened in my family that led to all this, you may have more respect for my descisions.

At the end of the day, I am responsible for those descisions and I believe those descisions were the right ones in every respect, and no court in the land can alter that - no matter what they do to me.

One bit of advice I will give you for the IUC, is to explain about your family history, your current illness & exactly what you did with the inheritance.

It won't change the benefit decision, but should your case go to the departments solicitors they have to decide whether it's in the public interest to prosecute you....

• Haha 1

Thank you jabba, I intended to do that anyway but, at the end of the day, I cannot prove the family circumstances as they are all dead now.

No one is likely to believe me, and there's nothing I can do about that.

All I know is that, whilst I may be doomed to their wrath, my inner consiousness is clear, and I have no regrets for what I've done.

My big mistake was not informing them of the inheritance which, believe it or not, didn't even cross my mind as I was so wrapped up and intent on getting rid of it all. Plus, after four years, I hadn't even given it a passing thought until this bomb-shell arrived.

I must, though, remember to thank them for dragging me in for questioning on what will be my 39th wedding anniversary. It will certainly be a memorable day !

Regards.

• 3 months later...

Your opening letter stated

Hi,

I have had trouble with a family whom I had an injunction on for falsely blackening my nam

Thank you Mikey.

It wasn't my family who reported it (I don't have any), it was a former 'friend' who attempted to extort the money from me who has drawn their attention to it.

I never realised (perhaps stupidly) that a problem even existed, until now.

There was no tax involved, just my method of trying to do good with money that I just did not want.

I never even envisaged what it was going to lead to but, in a strange way, and in retrospect, I think I would have done it exactly as I did. I really do not regret what I did at all.

Thanks again for your postings.

The op stated A family not Their family!

How has things went psyshadow?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

No probs Biglesbo.

IdaInfife, At the meeting it was obvious that they have an in-built determination to crucify me.

Things got very petty, probably because I was answering all their questions truthfully. They even accused me of using some of the money to pay my monthly direct debit for my internet connection !

Thats how low and 'picking at straws' it went !

In the end, I told them that I am PROUD of everything I have done, both for humans and animals, and that I would have done the same all over again if the clock could be turned back.

I also said that if I am to be penalised for helping people and animals - then so be it ! Then I repeated that I am PROUD of what I've done.

I was told that it would be three to four months before their descision is made.

It is now not a question of whether or not they intend to crucify me, just which way up !

We are almost now into the fourth month, so I'm expecting to hear from their emperor any day now.

I unfortunately have no advice that hasn't already been said to you on this thread but I did want to let you know that I will be thinking of you and have my fingers crossed that your good intentions regardless of whom it was directed to will be noted and considered in their decision. Hopefully the powers that be whom will be deciding your outcome will have an ounce of decency in them! If there were more people like you in this world then it wouldn't be as scary a thought as it is presently of my daughter growing up in a climate where the good get crucified and the bad or dishonest get away with many a thing they shouldn't. Keep us posted, take care! :-)

Hi allieeyes,

Very many thanks for your nice and inspiring message ! (Sure makes a change from being in the 'firing-line') .

Often, I myself feel like 'giving-up' , but knowing that such people as yourself are out there keeps me going. I just wish at times people could be a little more helpful. Uppermost in some of my reasons for saying this, is an experience I had a few years back when I promised the P.D.S.A. in Gillingham that I would provide a Christmas hamper for them to raffle.

At that time, there were five supermarkets where I live (Sittingbourne, Kent).

I (foolishly) was depending on their generosity to give me some tins of human and pet food, cotton wool, cat litter etc. to help put the hamper together, as I had very little money to spend on it.

However, NOT ONE of these multi-million pound profit businesses would even give me as much as a can of beans !

I ended up selling my gold wrist chain and my gold neck chain to pay for the hamper.

In the end up, the hamper was so big (plus a DVD player etc.) that it took three of us to struggle in with it. I later received a nice letter off them telling me that they had made a lot of money from it.

To me, that was all the satisfaction I needed. But, if it taught me anything, it was NEVER to depend on anyone !

( In case the fraud squad are tuning in and wondering how I could afford two gold chains, these were bought long before I fell victim to Maggie Thatcher putting me out of business ) !

I wake up every day now, as I have done for several months, wondering if this is the day they will try to give me a criminal record. Frankly, if they don't act soon, then it will be me making THEM wait until after four upcoming operations, the first being next tuesday for a throat operation.

I'll be glad when it's all over, one way or another - I'm beyond caring now.

Anyway, I wish you and your daughter all the very best, and if I can ever be of help to you, then just give me a shout.

Very many thanks again & Take care,

BOBBY THOMSON.