Do I still have a case?

bizzib
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5052 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

It's been a while since I've posted anything and I need some advice regarding my dilemma.

I am wondering if I have any chance of bringing a lawsuit against the NHS for complications incurred when I gave birth to my daughter 11years ago (Long time I know!!)

Basically, when I was in labour I was administered with an epidural which was given to me in my spinal nerves which have left me with nerve damage on the front right leg- I literally cannot feel anything, I also have severe scars on my leg as a result of Legions(?) that came up on my leg, I have been left with unsightly scars which mean I cannot wear Skirts and I there are more conditions coming up onmy leg which I cannot feel, but I can see, this is having a knock on effect on my confidence.

Please can you let me know if I still have a case?

Thanks All

Bizzi

x

My understanding is that you have 3 years to make a complaint from the incident.

However, why not contact the AVMA or a no win no fee lawyer to get their opinion? You have nothing to lose.

My understanding is that you have 3 years to make a complaint from the incident.

However, why not contact the AVMA or a no win no fee lawyer to get their opinion? You have nothing to lose.

That was my understanding also, but I wanted to check as there are still ongoing issues.

Thanks for coming back to me.

• 1 month later...

The time period is called the statute of limitation, and fgor personal injury cases this period of limitation is 3 years from date of injury or date of knowledge whichever is the sooner.

If you have only recently found out that you have nerve damage, you may possibly still be able to bring an action, but the difficulty will be proving that you were not aware of the damage caused until much later on.