Police let bailiff into my property ***WON - bailiffs certificate removed ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4743 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just thought i would let u all no i finally managed to speak to someone but not in the way i wanted. The other person named on the letters decided to fone while i was not in i came back and he was speaking to them i was not happy as i would rather of done it by letter or at least record the call. Anyway the woman i spoke to refused to discuss anything to do with the specific bailiff in question as the court is involved but in speaking i brought up how bad they had stuffed up and told them straight. I wanted all charges off the account it got long and drawn out and when she argued i told her that the levy they had on what they belived my car was invalid. She tried to argue that to i asked her for the reg number just to confirm what i have in righting and they do have the wrong one ok only by 1 digit but still wrong and they have told me to send the registration document to them and they will look into it. So i am going to take a pic of the front of the car and the reg document as they are not getting the origional for them to loose it i am also going to copy the letter i have showing the wrong number to this should then remove all charges or so this woman said anyways still waiting to hear from any court tho all i had was a letter saying the bailiff had 14 days to respond. I am also stuck from what i remember once the money owed to the council the liability order in then gone however the company argued they still had the power of the liability order if its true and they no longer have any power can someone point me to where it states this please

DO NOT send them the original V5 (registration document) under any circumstances, they could send it off and transfer keeper to themselves or AN Other, and it is then easier to sieze and sell, as with V5 it would make more at auction,

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my view if this is the Bailiffs asking for copies of the V5 tell them to off sod, they can get the info they require on the reg from the DVLA and they will be told that Reg No doesn't exist or it belongs to Joe Bloggs at Lands End. If they've cocked it up that's their problem not yours.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What about takin a picture of the document and sending that i need an end to this it is effecting my 9 yr old daughter i have had her at the doctors because of it she is loosin her hair and the doctor has agreed its the stress :(

Hi all my first post!

I am a Bailiff yes, and would like to give my views on things like this from a bailifffs point of view.

I am not here to represent anybody's views but my own, so please dont ask me questions from the courts or our clients points of view.

This case has got very messy due to all sorts of reasons, firstly I believe the bailiff was just doing her job of getting around the system, exactly the same way as you the debtor also tries every trick in the book to get out of paying.

What you all have to remember is that if this was sorted in the first place we would'nt have a job to do.

As a Bailiff who you all love to call thugs and legal gangsters etc etc etc, we all have to pass CRB and CCJ checks so we cant all be that heavy or thugish as is suggested.

You have clearly said you tried to assalt her as you flipped, is she pushing as far as you are to make this personal? I would doubt it very much.

This Bailiff is getting on with her job for the local council without making it personal her job is to collect money and move on to the next one.

If we all refused to pay our taxes the world would be chaos so just remember we all need bailiffs.

Hi there

this is NO ANSWER.

I'm not here to flame people but an excuse "Just doing my Job" really doesn't wash -- I believe various people in 1945 at the end of WWII made a similar excuse --fortunately the Court deceided this wasn't an acceptable reason.

As to say "Well if people always paid up on time" we wouldn't be needed ---- Well Mr Bailiff please tell me on what Planet you come from where nobody has any Financial problems - nobody loses their job, people don't die, get divorced etc etc etc.

People will ALWAYS have financial problems --often totally outside their control- and using Thuggy brutish "Bouncer'" type of enforcement methods should make you hang up your head in shame.

I'll bet 99% of the people you deal with are not the "Won't Pay' variety but people who are in serious hard times. In the real world those who don't want to pay can usually get off by one means or another --but seeing you guys going in and harrassing Single Mums and other vulnerable people just makes me totally SICK.

Perhaps you were bullied at School which is why you are doing this particular job today.

Using Brutish thuggy methods devised in the 11th century for collecting taxes in the 21st is JUST NOT ON.

And to repeat - it's not always individuals own fault that they can't pay --I know a few people now who with the current price of Petrol have to decide whether they can even AFFORD to go to work --never mind about the weekly supermarket shop.

So Mr Bailiff -- please GET REAL and stop spouting all that B/S about if everybody paid we wouldn't be needed.

Cheers

jimbo

Edited by jimbo45

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hiya everyone a quick update,

i have herd nothing from rossendales since october last year

until a bailiff turned up at my door again on monday 11th of april.

I opened door he started talking his crap saying i still owed £212.50 for charges when infact all i owe them legally is £7.50.

I offerd this to him there and then while i was standing with my phone on video which he seemed very uncomfortable with.

He tried to hand me a letter i refused to take

he also went on to say that i had tried to pay the 212 with my debit card and at this point

i almost blew up as i have never paid anything to them with my card.

He said i tried to pay it and cancelled it at the same time which i dont get

i never have that amount of money in the bank and with my card type it would decline if funds where not there so i would not get a chance to cancel it.

Knowing i had not done this i told him that and i also informed him i was going to contact my bank and the police if needs be

he ran off to his van at this point and made a fone call

all i could see was him waving his arms around and he then drove off and has not been back.

I contacted my bank and they canceled my card straight away just to be on the safe side and are looking into the matter.

I have also not herd anything into what has happend with my complaint to the court issuing

the certificate to the first bailiff who commited the assault what should i do about that ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya guys could really do with a urgent reply to this

The bailiff that turned up the other day has been back on the phone this morning!

According to him he is coming to take stuff for the 212.50 illegal charges within the next couple of days he was the normal rude and aggressive on the phone.

I told him turn up all you want but if u attempt to touch my car i will have you done for theft as they have the registration wrong anyway.

If you attempt to come into my house you will find yourself on attempt to burgle charge to.

His reply to this was police will only attend to keep the piece so i said we will see about that one

but wether police are there or not i will do what it takes to protect my property wether you like it or not.

I phoned rossendales who then tried to argue it is all legal and so on i told him what i knew and what was wrong

i even informed them that i tried to pay the bailiff what legal fee's there was left and that he refused the money when he was here last week.

I did not tell him it was only the £7.50 LOL

The person on the phone said he would ring the bailiff in question while i got in touch with the DVLA

to get a letter sent out saying i do not and have not ever been the owner of the car they have the registration number for

( Think the DVLA are on holiday already as i cannot get through on any number i try) .

I have not herd back from rossendales yet.

However in my boredom of waiting around i have been in touch with burnley combine court to find out what was happening

with my complaint regarding the original bailiff who assaulted me.

Surprise surprise she does not work for rossendales any more and there was a hearing on the 14th April

which i knew nothing about but the woman on the phone said this could be that the judge just wanted to see the bailiff.

It was also said the file is still with a judge and will stay there until a decision has been made so that is something at least

Regarding charges the fee and so on for the van fee was all added by the original bailiff for her van

does this mean they can be thrown out the window or would they still try and fight for them even though they are all illegal charges

Have the Council:

1 - confirmed you have discharged your Liability to them in full

2 - confirmed that it is your responsibility to pay any outstanding Bailiff fees

If the answers to the above are yes then the Bailiff has no bargaining power left. He cannot use the LO to enforce for his charges alone and must instead if you fail to pay any lawful outstanding charges take you to the County Court for a Small Claim, many will not as they have to swear their charges were correct.

The Bailiff hopes you do not know this and will be happy to pay just to conclude the matter. It sounds as if this lot are trying to prove a point with you. You do not have to get a letter from the DVLA as a simple check will reveal you have nothing to do with the vehicle in question, the other way is to swear a Statutory Declaration to the same effect but why should you do their work for them. The easiest way to deal with them if they call again is not to answer the door but speak through the letter box.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 If you haven't heard from the bailiff between October and April this could be seen as an abandoned levy

2 have a read of this regarding bailiffs levying on vehicles and charging fees before confirming legal ownership with the dvla

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?262730-Has-a-bailiff-quot-levied-quot-upon-a-car-that-is-NOT-owned-by-you-...-LOCAL-GOVERNMENT-OMBUDSMAN-S-Report-!!!!

3 if the reg the bailiff has is not yours (digit different) obviously they have not done a dvla check to confirm ownership

Well i have a copy of a email sent to my by the person i was trying to deal with at the council saying the LO was now paid in full this was something the bailiff kept saying he had on the fone every answer to what i was saying to him was i have a LO. I am not sure when the last contact with rossendales where he came last week but sharp ran off when i started to video him with my phone it was then that he refused the £7.50 legal fee is there anything that you no of i can print out and hand to both them and the police should he turn up again

does the notice of seizure give the make and model of the car or just the reg

I would send an e-mail to the head of revenues asking if they have given there approval in writing to rossendales to remove car reg xxx for your unlawful outstanding bailiff fees as a DVLA check will confirm you do not own said vehicle

ask them to confirm that the bailiff must have this letter on his person for your appraisal for the removal takes place

I do not have a notice of seizure all i had from it when they clamped the car its self was a sheet saying Do Not Attempt To Drive This Vehicle in big red letters

it has on in top corner the correct reg for my car a ref number and date and time which was 21st / 6 / 2010 6.35 am which was also when she knocked on my door it says nothing on the paper about it been seized or anything just payment methods and bailiffs number but no name

Hi guys well there has been no more sign of the bully, I do not think he has realised that i am not scared by his threats and intimidation, However i am now in a frame of mind to be wrighting a strong worded letter to the company and the council as well as any further i can take it both myself and daughter have suffered greatly due to this company and i am still on medication that's to these bullies so if anyone wants to add comment's id be grateful for any suggestions and so on

I have been browsing the forum through my old posts and decided to check as the bailiff that started all this no longer works for rossendales so i have done a new certificate check and it looks like she has not renewed hers wooohooo 1 less bully around :D

Afternoon all Today is a great day i thought i should let you all no that the bailiff in question that i had complained about via a form 4 now has to attend a hearing she did not reply to the judge within her time limit she also no longer works for rossendales and at this time does not have a certificate the hearing is on the 1st of june at preston county court i have not been asked to attend however i am considering it