Nemo finance secured loan

louise2U
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help!

3 years ago I was asked by my then partner to sign as 2nd signatory on a secured loan. The mortgage was in his name only and when we queried this with Nemo they said that as I was his partner and residing at the address then I should sign the form as a formality (yes I know I could kick myself for being so naive) We split a year later and I learned he was heading for bankruptcy. It was a bitter split so I avoided contact with him but have recently heard I am now being pursued for the debt (even though I received nothing from the original loan!)

I have had a call at work from someone from Nemo but luckily was not available to take it. I am also not allowed to receive personal calls so have kept quiet about it all, however I am now panicking. Any advice from you experts out there.

Incidently I now have a mortgage of my own, would they be able to claim against this to retrieve their money.

Hi louise2u

I'm not an expert, but the following answers the question

My Ex Partner Is Going Bankrupt What Should I Do? | Bankruptcy Information UK

http://bankruptcy.org.uk/6294/ask-a-question/my-ex-partner-is-going-bankrupt-what-should-i-do/

There will be some experts along shortly who can add more. I think your ex should of discussed the matter with you before doing anything.

Thanks for that, I'm still not sure where I stand as I didn't know I was part of the debt until recently (as mentioned I thought I was signing an agreement that ex partner could use his house (my residence) as collateral).