Help With HL Legal Needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks,

I have recieved a letter from HL Legal regarding an old overdraft debt of just over £3,000. I am also being chsed by Lowell for a credit card debt of £7,000 - this has gone from Lowell to Moorcroft and Wescott, and back to Lowell, all of which have been ignored as I am in no position to pay. This really has been ongoing for the last 3 years, I am 2 years away from Statute Barred status on both.

We have moved a couple of times in the last 3 years but they have caught up with us at our latest address already.

I am wondering whether perhaps now is the time to defend these. The HL Legal letter seems different than the usual threatogram, or is it? (see below).

I am wondering what I should do now in regard to HL Legal. I imagine if I do respond in writing and challenge them that it will confirm my residence at this address to both HL Legal and Lowell.

Any help and advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

I rent my home, have no car, no savings, no antiques stashed away, I am also unemployed and therefore have no income.

Thanks in advance,

Owen.

hl2l.jpg

Hi, Owen.

I'm going to move your thread to the Debt Collectors Forum.

I know your in Scotland ;)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Owen, I really think you have to start taking charge on this. With regard to the overdraft I am attaching a link which I hope will be helpful to you:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/262588-natwest-loan.html

The credit card may be easier to deal with, have you requested a copy of your credit agreement from the DCA? Do the template from the Debt Collectors Library on CAG. Enclose a £1. postal order and do not sign the request. They have 12 + 2 days to reply. If/when they comply post it up on here, using a free photo imaging site such as photobucket removing identifiable details for peeps to give their opinion on its enforceability. You can also SAR the original creditor, £10 postal order and same as before, this should gain all the information on your account. If you go on ignoring this, they will proceed to court and could get a CCJ which will be harder to defend, so get on it without delay. Also when you send these requests, use recorded delivery, then you can check on the Royal Mail Track and Trace site when they were delivered and print out. Good luck!

A £1.00 stamp is better than a PO, legal tender but it cannot be 'accidentally' credited to the account as a payment.

With the greatest respect What are they going to do with a stamp. The £1 is a statutory fee.

Although the stamp is legal tender it only can be considered payment when it is stuck on a postal order, no need nowadays as they are printed to exact amount.

No high street outfit would accept it as payment, nor would any bank.

I am not teaching my granny to suck eggs here, but I just don't think it is a good idea for hundreds of newbie CAGgers to be sending postage stamps as payment.

As usual I stand to be corrected.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

With the greatest respect What are they going to do with a stamp. The £1 is a statutory fee.

Although the stamp is legal tender it only can be considered payment when it is stuck on a postal order, no need nowadays as they are printed to exact amount.

No high street outfit would accept it as payment, nor would any bank.

I am not teaching my granny to suck eggs here, but I just don't think it is a good idea for hundreds of newbie CAGgers to be sending postage stamps as payment.

As usual I stand to be corrected.

I always send a £1 stamp. Why should I pay extra for a postal order. None of the DCAs have refused the £1 stamp

Which letter should I send in response to HL Legal?

You send the following attachment to the DCA that HL Legal is acting for with as previously advised £1. postal order.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

Send it recorded delivery.