Lisa2393 V Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I was just wondering I am planning to move my mortgage but will be charged by the Halifax an early redemption fee.

I did agree to this when I took out the mortgage so are they entitled to add this to the settlement figure.

Also, does anyone know of a mortgage company for people with poor credit but whose interest rates are not sky high, tall order I know but I live in hope.

Thanks guy,

Lisa x

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all wishing you the best of luck with your claims,

I was just wondering how I can stop the Halifax calling my home and landline number. I answered a call to them and they started off by saying that they wanted to discuss the arrears on my mortgage. When I said I was keeping to the agreed arangement the proceeded to ask me questions about my "complaint" Prem letter sent 1st Sep LBA sent 17th Sept for £480.

I told them all communication should be in writing which they said they would put a note on my file so I wouldn't get any more phone calls. I am still getting up to twenty calls a day, I have stopped answering my phone. I can remember seeing a template for a letter somewhere about how to stop phone calls and it amounting to harrassment, does this sound familiar to anyone. I am also moving house and will be paying off my mortgage with them and they want over £3000 in early redemption fees and £175 in admin costs!!!!!

If anyone can help it would really be appreciated.

Lisa x

Try this link for Harrassment

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Hi Lisa ,Yes it does to me I'll find my letter that I sent them from Bankfodder.Bear with me

HALIFAX CURRENT ACCOUNT SETTLED IN FULL 9/9/06.

N1 form completed 05-06-07,LBA sent 14-05-07,2nd go!Prelim sent 24/04/07

Halifax Visa 1.Paid in full

Halifax Classic.Paid in full.

LBA sent 14-05-07,GMAC prelim sent 24/04/07

Data Protection Act for halifax mortgage 16/09/06.

I wrote this as a letter,

H.B.O.S,plc

Address:

Acct No:

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company,which deem to be harrassing.

I now require all further correspondance from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harrassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970,and the Protection from Harassment Act 1977.

If you continue to harass me by telephone,you will also be in breach of the Wireless Telegraphy Act (1949) and I will report you to both Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading,meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

Yours Faithfully

you.

This should do it

My advice is only as a lay person .This is only my personal experience.If you are not sure obtain professional advice.Regards Nigel

HALIFAX CURRENT ACCOUNT SETTLED IN FULL 9/9/06.

N1 form completed 05-06-07,LBA sent 14-05-07,2nd go!Prelim sent 24/04/07

Halifax Visa 1.Paid in full

Halifax Classic.Paid in full.

LBA sent 14-05-07,GMAC prelim sent 24/04/07

Data Protection Act for halifax mortgage 16/09/06.