Advice Plse being chased for a debt paid

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

I'm new here so need some advice please.

A judgement was made against me in January 2009, prior to the judgement i recieved the court packkage outlining the claim made against me for £1279.96. I duly filled in the forms and informed them i disputed the amount owed, with an explanation of why:

amount owed to University £1279.96

amounts owed to myself from the university

Travel claim £590

Accomodation Deposit £400

Therefore amount owed

to University £289.96

I heard nothing back from the court until october 2009 when i recieved an attendance order (?) to attend my local court to discuss the matter where the full amount was still outstanding. I informed the court official that i disputed the claim, but was coerced into making an agreement to pay £40 pounds per month.

Straight after i got home i contacted ACT credit who where managing the debt and asked them who i should make payment to, the informed me that i could make payment to them or to the university. I informed them that i would send payments to the university. Directly after this call i contacted the university, and after several dead ends was put in touch with the Director of finance. After discussing the situation with him, he immediatley took off the £400 accomodation deposit owed to myself, agreed to look into the travel claim and informed me that he would contact ACT credit and get them to hold back.

Again i contacted ACT credit and gave them a run down of the phone call. Since then i have been in constant contact with the university over this matter as well as passing on the various emails and messages between myself and the university. The university eventually last month paid me the outstanding travel claim, which i subsequently paid back to them to reduce the debt.

Again i informed the ACT credit agency of this, but each time i have contacted act they claim to have never spoken to me or even received any notifications from the university.

I have also sent the remaining payment to the university and am awaiting a letter of confirmation that the debt is now settled with them.

The only problem is, even though i have kept ACT credit in the loop, i have received letters from another agency THE MARSTON GROUP, chasing me for the full amount. I have rung them and informed them of the situation with the university, and even played them an answerphone message from the director of finance thanking me for payment and stating the outstanding balance ( which has now been paid).

Today my partner received a visit from a bailiff even though i spoke to MARSTON GROUP on friday, where i informed them of the situation again.

What should i do , where do i stand help me please someone ...i feel like i am going mad.

I think you need to get the University to sort this out - it is they who set the ball in motion to pass it on to a DCA. I trust you kept all your receipts. When you speak to the UNi ask them for a statement showing how much is still to be paid.

Cheers for the reply...

I am awaiting a final confirmation from the UNI that it has all been paid...

I am just a little concermed that ACT credit passed on the debt to another agency even though they were made aware of payments being made directly to the UNI.

Does that mean i am now going to be saddled with even more charges on the debt? Seems a little unfair as the matter was already being dealt with...