Wescot sold disputed debt to Mackenzie Hall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have checked my credit report with Equifax today and found a search by Mackenzie Hall.

This is for an account with MBNA which was sold to Wescot.

I have been scrapping with Wescot for almost two years. They have no enforceable agreement, no Notice of Assignment and no Default Notice was ever sent or received. I sent them the 'account in dispute letter' and haven't heard from them now for about 10 months. They refused to remove the default on my credit report, but I'm not bothered anyway as it comes off at the end of this month.

Now it appears they seem to have sold this to Mackenzie Hall who are searching my credit report without my knowledge.

They are searching in my old name and at my old address. I have recently moved and haven't given anyone my new address, not even the CRA'S have got the new address.

SO it seems that Wescot have given up the ghost on this one and sold it to Mackenzie Hall while it is dispute :D

What is the best way forward with this? I'm fed up that they are searching my files without my permission, and, as I'm keeping my new address low key, I don't want to conract Mackenzie Hall?

nothing much you can do really.

you're on a phishing list now

just ignore them all

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My experience of mucky hall, is that they are one of the worst, in that they treat the debt collection rules as just guidelines and will go further than most to trace debtors. My address was just used for forwarding corrspondence to a relative and they phone constantly, sent loads of letters, phoned neighbours to find out who lived at the address and even sent a hapless doorstep collector who wasted his money(self employed commisson only.)

In your favour is your change of name and address. But if you have done a change of address on any financial services product e.g. Car Insurance, Home Insurance, this data will be sent to CRA's.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks guys, I've been reading about them on here and they seem to be the bottom of the feeding chain.

They are searching the CRA's on my previous married name and on my old address.

I'm thinking of complaining to Equifax as this bunch are searching without my knowledge or permission, and Wescot have sold them an account in dispute .....

Am I right in thinking that as Wescot's default will fall of my credit report at the end of the month that Mucky Hall can't register another one for the same debt?

Don't contact Equifax as I would not trust them not to make a note of your married name/new address, so that DCA's are made aware.

The CRA's are owned by the financial services/debt industry, so they can all carry out searches. They don't need your permission.

Why do you think the default from Wescott will drop off your record? To my knowledge, it would only drop off if it became statute barred or 6 years had passed since default added. If the debt has been bought by another company, they will just update the record.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread