Bankruptcy - Move to live with future Wife

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Folks, can anyone with experience help?

I am considering bankruptcy and repossession of my home. In the event I begin bankruptcy proceeedings, I would look to move in with my Fiancee.

I have two questions;

a) If a Bankruptcy order is issued and I move to live with her, will any of her assets be under threat (we are engaged, not yet married of course)

b) If my bankruptcy period ends just after we are married, would the receiver/creditors be entitled to look at her assets given we have been married during the bankruptcy term?.

Greatful for any informed insights on this - I am completely new to the whole bankruptcy question though I have researched the bankruptcy process from the web.

Thanks Toddle - that's very helpful and reassuring. Essentially then, whatever changes there are in my personal circumstances during BR, the OR can't hit my Fiancee/Wife.

Thanks again

Hi Dodgy,

Not a practitioner at Law - my advice to date has come from CAB and other helplines. I'm considering an insovency expert though....do you think that some of the above advice may not cover everything?

All the best

Before granting Bankruptcy, a judge, or court rep, will ask you if you have taken legal advice. You should.

Most Insolvency practitioners will give you the first couple of hours free if they think they could get an IVA out of you. You dont of course have to go down that route, but 2 free hours armed with a list of questions that you want answered, are well worth it.