Essemess vs Halifax Card Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here goes, hope I've started off this thread correctly!

I thought about testing if the CCA I had with the Halifax was enforceable last June. Joined the site, read loads of info and even went as far as buying the £1 postal orders. I just didn't feel right trying to wriggle out of a debt at the time.

However, after a hammering from the Halifax on my current account overdraft since January and their CC interest like something Dick Turpin would have been proud of, I've decided enough is enough and it's time to fight back.

I'm diving in at the deep end and requesting CCAs for 4 cards. Two from the Halifax and two from MBNA / Bank Of America which I'll start another thread for.

I've copied the CCA template from the documents library and changed the texts to read s.78. Off to the post office at lunch time. Wish me luck.

I guess I picked the wrong week to quit smoking ;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just contemplating what to do about the "new and improved" Hafalax charges on the current a/c when I got a call from them today.

They offered to freeze all charges (the £5 or £1 / day) if I pay the overdraft off inside 12 months @ £50/month....Although I'm peeved about the charges they have piled on since reducing my overdraft then changing the charging structure, I'm almost glad I got an agreement with them before card services open the CCA request on Monday morning.

I'd been wondering about this one and even contemplated advancing the cash from the Halifax credit card to clear the overdraft.

I guess it's one less thing to think about while I concentrate on the cards.

PS. Firstship, thanks for the welcome. It's good to know that there are so many people on this forum who are going through the same process and in the same situation here to offer help and support.

E.

Essemess.........Nice phone call at least it is some help,however you need this in writing,most important..................Just need to wait for the 12+2 days re credit card.If you read the HALIFAX CC section on this site it will give some idea of their initial response my guess is they will eventually send you Terms & Conditions and tell you that is all they have to do,but let us wait and see ..................FS

Received what looks like a standard letter from the Halifax today with a copy of their terms and conditions and a promise that the original application would be on it's way.

I'll scan and post a copy up when I get back home, but by the looks of it, this is the standard fob off that a lot of people on these forums have received.

Hi...Essemess......Yes very much the standard Halifax "I'm going to be awkward reply".........T&Cs and a reconstituted agreement.......just wait and see what they send re s60/61 request............the add on in their letter regarding Ministry of Justice and CAB is the only new item,nice of them to offer this advice............getting close to the 12+2 days,the fact that they have requested a copy of the original signed agreement from another department will not make any difference the clock is ticking 12+2 days and they are in default.............FS

Today is the "12+2" day since the 14th when I sent off my CCA to the Halifax. I'm going to send them the "Account In Dispute" letter today as there is no sign of the CCA.

Speaking of the halifax, what a cheeky bunch! I CCA'd my wifes card at the same time as mine. It seems they were none too pleased about receiving this request as they have cut her credit limit down to just above her balance! I guess their fear is that we would have taken the card and maxed it out pending the claim.

Ooops. I was almost a bit hasty. I read a little bit more which revealed that it's 12 working daysthat I need to wait. Oh, well. At least the letters are all prepared and waiting. Roll on the 8th June.

Thanks Firstship. I think the 12+2 must be one of the most confusing concepts. It should be straight forward...just add 14 to the day you sent the letter I guess. Or is it from the day the letter was signed for by the recipient?

My head hurts ;)

Got back both mine and other half's "agreements" from the halifax.

A few notes on them before I post the images.

* They are both referred to in the covering letters as reconstituted.

* Mine has no signature on behalf of the halifax on it and the first page looks like a standard template copy, not original.

* My OHs is a very low quality copy from the Halifax so I've scanned it as good as I can. This gives a large file size though, sorry :(

* Page 2 of my OH's covering letter gives her until the 158th of June to pay?!?!

Any comments as to the enforceability of these would be much appreciated.

S.