About to start on Alliance and L

nickcosford
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Can anyone please send me the letter I need to send to the A and L asking for a comprehensive breakdown of all charges. I have had the account for about 10 years. I understand that I can only get back 6 years worth of charges. I do not have a clue what level of charges I have had but it is a lot.

Cheers

Hi I have now found it. You first need to find the address for where the bank is registered for the data protection action. It is on website

Information Commissioners - Data Protection Public Register

I think the one to look for will be Alliance and Leicester plc. The address that I found was:

ALLIANCE & LEICESTER PLC

CARLTON PARK

NARBOROUGH

LEICESTER

LE19 0AL

The letter is

[your address]

[their address]

[DATE]

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organisation. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me, then I shall be reclaiming them, and also reclaiming the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

[name]

Best of luck. These banks are evil and they deserve to pay.

Hi

I am about to get my statements from All and Leic so that I can start the process of reclaiming my bank charges for the last 6 years. I have heard that in a lot of cases when people have contacted the bank they have got angry and closed the account. I do not minding them closing the account that I am claiming the charges from because I already have another account set up with another bank. But I also have a mortgage with them on another account. Can they do anything to this account at all or would that be illegal.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Nick

Hi

I am about to get my statements from All and Leic so that I can start the process of reclaiming my bank charges for the last 6 years. I have heard that in a lot of cases when people have contacted the bank they have got angry and closed the account. I do not minding them closing the account that I am claiming the charges from because I already have another account set up with another bank. But I also have a mortgage with them on another account. Can they do anything to this account at all or would that be illegal.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Nick

Hi

Can someone please confirm which address I should be contacting with my first letter regarding the data protection act and asking for my statements. I have seen some people mention

Customer Contact Centre

Bootle

Merseyside

GIR OAA

and other people mention

Carlton Park, Narborough, Leicester,LE19 0AL

I want to get this right from the start so if anyone could confirm which address they have used and which is correct that would be great.

Thanks

Hi,

As far as I'm aware, it applies to all bank accounts. If they've overcharged you then you should be on safe ground.

All the best. I'm going to be trying with A & L shortly too.

David Cranson

Hi - take a bit of time to read up first to make sure that you have the facts before going too far ahead. Read the FAQs and template letters then have a good read around here to see how others are getting on. Keep any progress on your own claim or questions that arise in a new thread in the forum for your bank to make it easier for others to follow and advise you. There's a set of links in my sig below that will help you find where all this useful information is. Well done for getting started! :)

It's a seperate account with a different agreement, so no they can't. They have also been warned against closing accounts in retaliation by the Banking Code.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

Hi

I have three accounts with Alliance and Leicester that I want to claim charges back on. Two are current acccounts and one is a credit card account. Do I need to pay £10 for each of the accounts to get my statements or can I pay just one £10 and they will then send all of the statements. Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Nick

As it is a SAR and you are the subject £10 covers all.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.