Tiscali

jedi.warrior
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

bit of a worrying thing this

I migrated from tiscali to Pipex on the 10/05/06, after finaly getting my mac code after loosing all patance with the shoody service they provide.

Now today I get a letter from tiscali saying I owe them money! and they are going to send the boys round (or words to that affect!) to collect it from me!

1, my account was payed up to date (infact my account was payed up to the 6th of june and my connection to them stoped on the 10th may) thats when I cancelled the direct debit as I had been warned they have a habbit of taking money they are not entitled to!

2, I contacted tiscali when I received a letter asking why the DD had been cancelled told the very polite lady (1st timefor everything!) of my swap to Pipex, she then told me ok nothing to worry about she would amend my accound and close it,

3, get a letter the other week NOTICE OF SUSPENSION the usual you ghave not payed we will now susspend your service, phoned again got some snotty kid that insisted you owe us 2 months and we want it, after me telling him I had not been a tiscali costomer for over 2 months now, he was having none of it he even said the only way to now cancel my account was to pay the ammount outstanding and then he could cancel it as the account was frozen, it was not until I pointed out that in effect what his company was doing was trying to obtain payment for none existant goods and I had a goot mind to report it did he back down, he then told me to get an invoice sent to them from Pipex to prove the date I migrated to them!

4, get the same NOTICE OF SUSSPENSION letter again today, tried to phone them but lost patience after being on hold for 15 minutes and just hung up

what I am worried about is these gits coming round while I am at work and clearing me out or harrasing the wife as she has no idea how to deal with them, I have copys of my first 2 invoices from Pipex as well as the welcome letter from them clearly stating the date of switch over

can they demand payment for proberbly 3 months now while I was not recieving a service from them, on one ocasion I was told I had to write and give a months notice of cancelation of my account, (Migration is supposed to do that all for you, isn't it?)

any Ideas?

What do you mean the cards maxed out!!!!!

Seems very much a case of left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. I would suggest you ring their head office and ask to be put through to the high level complaints team. Their number is 020 7087 2000. Ignore the long recorded message about hanging up and ringing customer services. Wait until the end to be connected to the switchboard and then ask to be put through to the high level complaints team.

If Tiscali want to pay an exhorbitant amount of money for a doorstop collector to come round to your house then let them. To get the bailiffs round then Tiscali first have to get a CCJ against you and then you have to not pay the CCJ. A bog standard doorstop collector has absolutely no power whatsoever to come into your house and take stuff away.

If Tiscali did try and get a CCJ against you then just defend their claim to get it thrown out of court. It's all done by post so you don't need to worry.

Most likely Tiscali will not do anything of the sort because it's all empty threats designed to make you panic into paying them money.

Also I wouldn't chase up Tiscali's loose ends for them. They're the ones threatening you, so you don't owe them any favours. Get them to do their own dirty work.

• 4 weeks later...

I had similar problem with BT dial up internet,I rang them and asked them to cancel my subscription because i bought broadband package from diffrent provider and was up and runing(sometime in may),2month later reallised they are still charching me!! I rang them couple of times, but they didnt agree to refund my money! even thou they knew i havent used their service and it wasnt my fault! they kept asking me for phone call reference number ?who i spoke to!! what day ?what time? ... i was so pised off bcuz i did my part well, the day when i wanted to close my account i was on hold for long enough and then i was transfered to couple of diffrent department and now they are playing game with me!!, I wrote a letter to them telling them that what they are doing is agains the law and i will take action if they dont refund my money withing 14days ...2 weeks later recived a letter appologying for the matter and money was in my acount within 24hours!

I belive when it comes to Banks,Insurance and Phone Company's we should challenge them hard even for a penny!! yes, even a penny !! they dont deserve much ! Legal Robbers !!!

Hi, my husband had the same problem with Tiscali. We wanted to migrate from them to Zen, however Tiscali half way through the process informed us that they will not let us migrate. Anyway one day we tried to get onto the internet and couldn't we got in touch with Tiscali who then said that they had migrated us to Zen. To cut a long story short Zen sorted out the problem and the internet came back on.

6 months later we got a letter from Tiscali stating they we owed them 5 months broadband usage from the date they migrated us. My husband rang them and said that we are no longer using Tiscali, they then said that they had't migrated us and we wern't using Zen. But we were. After alot of phone calls between Zen and Tiscali we was using Zen but Tiscali still demanded the money. Threats of court action came, my husband e-mailed and e-mailed them all the phone calls and letters which had been sent, I think he sent the same e-mail about 50 times in one day, to them. We then recieved a letter from a debt collection agency saying that Tiscali had sold the debt to them and if we didn't payup then court action would be taken. My husband e-mailed the debt collection agency with the same e-mail that he had sent to Tiscali. After about 4 weeks we recieved a letter from the debt collection agent saying that there was no such debt, the matter had been closed and we would not be hearing from them or Tiscali again. RESULT.

About 2 years later Tiscali send a letter saying we had a debt with them. We have heard nothing since and this was about 2 years ago.