Can the mortgage co evict me if I'm ill?

medsec
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quickie: I had a brain aneurysm that burst in February and I had to have brain surgery that saved my life. I was temping at the time, and my critical illness cover didn't work (don't get me started), so I've been without income for 2 months. We were already behind with the mortgage and I believe we are due for repossession this week. I was just wondering, as I'm unable to work due to this brain surgery and not well, can they go ahead and evict me or are there attenuating circumstances?

Any help gratefully received!!

• 2 weeks later...

Have you actually been to court for a possession hearing? Have you attempted to sell the property?

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hello there - and thank you for responding.

In the meantime, we have been put in touch with a debt counsellor at the town hall and they have a budget to help people like us stay in their homes! It's all working out ok, thank goodness.

Just FYI, yes, we had already got behind a couple of years ago so we had been to court and had an agreed payment plan to pay the arrears. This being out of work and having no income just made it worse. Luckily, the council will pay 3 months (!!!) and then apparently the mortgage interest relief will take over. I am SO grateful to our council! We had thought of selling but would probably be slightly out of pocket....

Really glad you are ok and your post may be useful for others who may not know where to turn

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE