Mackenzie Hall & Provident Personal Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I've recently been contacted by Mackenzie Hall Debt Collectors who are acting on behalf of Provident Personal Credit for a debt of £205.00.

I remember taking out a loan with Provident about 4 years ago but am sure that I paid it all off. Unfortunately I don't have evidence of this having moved address last year.

Anyway they are chasing me for this money and I have asked for evidence that the debt is stillowing and all they keep doing is sending me letters stating the amount outstanding and threatening various course of action.

Can I CCA them as I remember signing an agreement? Or is is different as this was a "doorstep loan"?

Thanks

Katpuss

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

Its up to them to prove that you owe this debt and not the other way round. So if you don't have the paperwork that's not much of a problem.

You've written asking for evidence. I hope you did this by recorded delivery because the Kilmarnock Kowboys have a habit of claiming unrecorded letters never arrive. When the time comes to complain it could be important to prove that you did write to them asking for proof.

Don't worry about a lack of response. While I understand people in Kilmarnock can read and write none of those employed by this firm are allowed to use these skills to reply to ordinary letters. Only the computer can do this!

Making a CCA request will have the same effect. Send it recorded and then wait. I'm still waiting for details requested of this company in 2004!