Barclaycard Goldfish

jamanji
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4822 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks again boo, will just ignore and file away

they say they will send a default notice if i dont keep paying them , ill keep you posted on the progress of this one and others

thanks again for your reply m8, im learnong slowly:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just got the subject access request in, goes only back to 2004 but the card was oppened in 1999

got around 4 years of PPI to claim back but im sure it was taken off beyond 2004

Do they only need to produce the data for the past 6 years ?

and how do i add the 8% intrest on it ie month 1 £50 + 8% = £54

Month 2 £54 + Month 2 PPi = £104 + 8% = and so on £

also what charges are unfair (above £12 for late payment) ?

can you help anybody :confused:

Agh yes, the good old 6 years docs trick.

My understanding is that they, under a S.A.R. must provide 'ALL' information they hold on you, it is not limited to 6 years.

However I cannot find the correct link or post which states this, so either I'm wrong, or hopefully someone else will be able to point you in the right direction...:wink:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You don't want Statutory Interest at this stage, you want contractual interest, Barclaycard are adding contactual interest automatically,

but you want the advanced spreadsheet (credit cards). List all the charges, even the £12 charges until they are

willing to tell you how much it actual costs them, it could be as little as 50p.

just got the subject access request in, goes only back to 2004 but the card was oppened in 1999

got around 4 years of PPI to claim back but im sure it was taken off beyond 2004

Do they only need to produce the data for the past 6 years ?

and how do i add the 8% intrest on it ie month 1 £50 + 8% = £54

Month 2 £54 + Month 2 PPi = £104 + 8% = and so on £

also what charges are unfair (above £12 for late payment) ?

can you help anybody :confused:

Keep at them and tell them that you want ALL of the information they hold on you, going back to when you opened the account.

I do believe that i am correct in assuming they are required to do this under the SAR, and not just the token 6 year period!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Banks and credit card companies charge contractual interest,

this explains it better then I can, it's difficult to grasp.

You could simply list the charges and I'm fairly sure Barclaycard will work out the Contractual Interest for you.

But it's a good idea to know roughly what it's going to be.

Interest Tutorial - Consumer Wiki

Thanks boo will do

Rebell thanks but i dont understand what you mean , whats contractual intrest and statutory intrest , sorry to be thick just a newbe

• 1 month later...

just been doorsteped , am in scotland , can anybody give me a letter to send to them

refused to give them my date of birth, told them account is in dispute and was mis sold ppi for years and that they are un lawfully at my door,

they said i would just be continually hassled

i said that would be harrasement and they tried to get me to agree to speak on the phone

dont want this to happen again , can anyone help

only missed 5 payments and they come to your door

they were resolve call

Remember to send the scottish version, they were just trying their luck. You can

report it to Trading Standards.

thanks rebel,

they left after i told them they have no legal right to be here

they were a bit stuck when i told them the account is in dispute and they are not getting a penny

thanks rebel will send the letter tommorow

Make sure you print a spare copy, stick it in an envelope, keep it by the door just incase the fool calls again, just hand it to him. :D

Then, a minute or so later, open the door again, give him the correct envelope and apologise for mistakenly giving him the one with the dog ***t in it.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Ha ha ha , Nice one Fred, first doorstepper, you get slightly taken aback, ready for the next one , ill just play cat and mouse with them

No really they were two of them approx 5 foot tall and 4 stone in weight talking with that dry talk, what a laugh

I can see how it would intimidate some people but the help and support on here is fantastic for building knowledge and confidence

Cant wait now

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an offer from mercers today if i pay 3 missing payments to account they will match it with another 3

Is this for real ???? or do they know they are F.......d

Sounds a bit desperate to me

Any advise is really appreciated

Just an attempt to keep the account alive before they flog it on and get tax relief off it.

• 7 months later...

Hi folks,

The latest is from Apex Credit and received a letter stating that they have wrote on numerous occasions with no reply from me, now its passed to field agents who will call at my property at a time which suits them

Any thoughts on this for the next step

Jamanji