Newbie - Is it still possible to argue unenforcable cc debt?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry guys if this is in the wrong place, but I've been reading posts for 3 hours and there is an awful lot in here! Great though!

I have a few credit cards which have fallen into arrears and default due to ill health and me losing my job. Interest just keeps piling on and I can't afford repayments - I know the old story. Phone calls every hour - wife is living on her nerves about all the harrassment ... I wouldn't have thought of taken this approach before but I'm sick of being treated like dirt by the banks.

OK - I'm getting conflicting signals - is it still possible to claim a debt is unenforcable if they cannot produce cca? (after high court ruling Dec2009)

One card is Cap 1 (over 11 years ago), one is Goldfish circa 2004, one is Egg circa 2003 and one is a mastercard (orginally Midland, but changed brands 2-3 times over 20 years).

I note the templates for CCA requests on the site. Is this still and avenue that's open for new claims?

Thanks, in advance:)

there never was any issues with CC's that is nothing to do with the current legal arguements.

however, an unenforceable CCA is not some magic bullet that gets debt written off, much to the crap proported by these reclaim co's.

it simply means they cannot use the courts to enforce such agreements.

the debt still exists.

now, have you looked at reclaim all the unlawful fees and [mis-sold?] ppi on these cards?

that will get the balancedown i bet.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...