urgent help needed please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, where to start really. I have found myself without any fixed address. The past year I had been living at my parents (not ideal, being 37!) due to financial and work problems. Well in a nutshell it didn't work out and they asked me to leave so now I'm temporarily staying at a friends house, but I can't stay here for ever. I've just had some mail forwarded with plenty of DC letters threatening allsorts. Obvously I am finding this really stressful (yes, I know, I did this to myself) but can anyone give me advice on what I should do? I can't give my friends address and I am no longer lving at my old address, what should I do? Could I end up in jail for fraud or something. You know things are bad when suicide seems like a positive step forward.

Also what does it mean when a OC has given up trying to use DCA's and revert back to writing to you directly? This has been going onfor over three years, does t mean court?

Thanks in advance for any replies, I'm on a library PC so can't reply immediately.

hey

dont worry about them.

you are in a good state if the DCA has refered it back to the OC

means they cannot trace you. hehe.

you wont end up in jail its NOT fraud.

and in a coupe of years time [6yrs] they will all be gone

dont worry, there is NOTHING a DCA can do to you

they are NOT bailiffs they have NO LEGAL POWERS

well they have...about the same as a milkman!!

so forget all about all your civil debts,

the only ones you p'haps need to bother with are ctax and rent, they can end up in court or worse.

keep us informed and i'm sure there are many people here to help in other ways too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You know things are bad when suicide seems like a positive step forward.

My friend found her dad hanging from the top of the stairs a few months ago due to his debt, because he felt the same as your quote. My friend is a 19 year old girl who would disagree with you as her life has been turned upside down. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not even think like this, nothing is that bad and things can and will get better for you with the help of the people on this site and you will soon realise that they can't get blood out of a stone. You will not go to prison!

Bendy STOP talking about suicide, you have a few debts that is all my friend, you haven't broken the law. Do not worry about DCA's, give us some more details about the debts and we will get you sorted out.

Once you are in control then life will be so much better. Lets see if the debts are enforceable first, if they are not then you can legally stop paying if they are you can pay what you can afford if that is a £1 a month then so be it. Nobody can make you pay what you can't afford.

Give us some more details without revealing any personal details, above all stop worrying

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Just popping in to add my support to whats' already been said, there are loads of cliches about 'the only way is up' etc, but my own favourite which I finds helps alot is : 'every journey begins with a single step', and you, my friend have already taken that first step by coming onto this site and allowing us to offer you our help and support.

These debts are the least of your worries right now, and you should not be wasting your precious time on them at this time.

I do not, of course, know your circumstances, but everyone deserves their own place to call home, and this is what you should concentrate on for now, these low-lifes will find you soon enough, but can do nothing for now.

You need to get in touch with Shelter, or CAB or your local council and start the ball rolling, even if it is bed and breakfast for now, it is the first rung on the ladder.

I hope you get to read these replies soon. We will all be here with you every step of the way, so no more talk of suicide please.

Hey, Calm and breath easy, Dont worry about all that, worst things have happened at sea and turned out ok, Forget thinking of suicide your alive, you have a full life in front of you, some people never get that choice. Put everything into perspective and you will come out this and smile with all the great people on this site helping you, Remember these people chasing you are probably in debt thereselves thats how they need the crappy job they have got. First thing is beleive in yourself :good luck kid

just want to offer you my support to bendy, been depressed and suicidal because of debts and dca's calling forcing me to pay more than i could ever afford, but with the help of the guys n girls on these forums dca baiting is now a hobby, they ring me ask to confirm my details, so i ask them theirs and refuse to discuss anything on the phone, i would send the letters back marked not at this address then they gotta find you again by which time the debts will be statutte barred as already been said get your housing situation sorted even b&b is a start, have you been to the local council to register as homeless? if i can help you with anything shout or message me once u have a roof over your head u can start to tackle everything else one step at a time and dont worry bout standing on the snails (dca's) chin up chick