A/covert security @ asda washington ,doing there rounds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

unfortunetly last night i got a ticket for parking in a disabled bay at asda washington, while the car park for disabled holds probably around 30 spaces there were only 5 cars parked in the entire car park, i was only nipping in so the little dude in uniform must have been hiding round the corner. I find it hard to believe that they can issue a fine of £100.00 but can half it if i pay within 14 days. not only did he get the colour of my car wrong but he also got the model wrong. H ave i got a leg to stand on or do i have to give in and pay these creeps. Has anyone else had the same experience with these thieving sods . I would never dream about parking in a disabled space but considering there were plenty left and the other car park is quite a hike i think its really unfair

This is not a "fine", and blue badge spaces in private car-parks have no legal basis. So do not contact the parking company and ignore any correspondence from them. You have not broken any laws. Many people on here have ignored private parking companies and nothing bad has happened to them. These [problematic] rely on scaring people with official looking letters but if you stand firm they will eventually lose interest in you.

• do not pay

• do not contact them

ignore any junkmail

• they will give up and go away after 4 or 5 letters

You just have an unenforceable [problem] invoice, not a fine or parking ticket.

But remember to be polite and do not abuse disabled parking spaces, even though they have no legal meaning on private land.

I presume it was late in the evening when the number of bays in that top car park outweighs the number of people actually shopping in Asda?

Since they made that entire parking bay "disabled" it is farsical that they expect everyone to park miles away in the main car park and walk past that "empty" car park to do late night shopping. I don't!

Ignore them completely

Do not write to them

Do not telephone them

Do not reply to their mail

Do not pay them

Edited by crem