Peugeot 307SW Clutch & Flywheel Problems

reidnet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

And you being a "taxi" driver did not know what is a wearable item and not??

If you want satisfaction from this then go back and ask them to put back the original clutch and then come back "whinging" when a few thousand miles later it destroys the new DMF.

You have no argument here. The dealer has done exactly what they were meant to do.

You seem to think that by walking off without paying, and I would alledge knowingly so from your post, for something most "taxi" drivers know they have to pay for in my considerable experience with them and the trade as a whole, you are in the right.

I cannot believe you did not know about clutch and brake exclusions being in the trade you are.

The DMF works very well for a variety of reasons. Sometimes they do go wrong but the incidences of this happening are lessening so it's unfair to assume that early problems associated with it still apply.

Essentially you are liable for the clutch parts content and should pay it.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you read the post propally i drove the car off and went back to argue my case the bottom line is they should not put sh** dual mass fly wheels in and hence 170 posts about the crap dual mass fly wheels in peugouts, if i would bought any other taxi they dont argue they replace the lot not slit hairs as they dual mass was knackered but customers pays for clutch plate. you can think what like servicing a 30k motor got nothing to do with warranty. they are the only car dealers offer 6000miles warranty on a clutch. thats seems like value for money. for information i can not wait for them to persue it

I have to say that you had the choice when purchasing, there are plenty of cars without DM flywheels, so ultimately you made a bad choice.

taxi drivers, the mythical trade discount code that exists on every dealership computer system, "yeah i deffo get parts at cost coz i am a taxi driver". ever tried asking a taxi driver for discount "coz i work in a garage" standard reply- "no sorry mate we are metered"

If you read your original post, it says you told then to fit the clutch, so regardless of whether they recorded the conversation, they now have the proof on here!!

They told you price, you told them to "crack-on", so if you didn't have the £288 to start with, you should have said no.

Nobody made you spend £30k on a motor - why would you expect that the replacement parts would be cheap? You could have said no to the clutch, but my guess is you thought you would save the labour costs as Peugeot would be paying for this whilst replacing the flywheel under warranty.

If you think they put rubbish dual mass flywheels in the vehicle, perhaps you shouldn't have bought the car?

Your attitude is typical of the taxi-driver customers we get at work. We even had some numpty ask if a broken mirror was covered under warranty yesterday. Perhaps people should read the warranty smallprint and get their facts straight before they shell out so much money on a vehicle. And yes, I know it was for your work - I actually work in a commercial van dealers and have done for 20 years.

I bet you thought you were the big and clever Man by driving off with your car and then going back for the key, but I think you will find that is theft and I hope that they chase through the courts for the money.

With your attitude you deserve all you get and customers like you are the bane of my working life

• 3 months later...

I don't particularly agree with his method but I sympathise with his situation. I have a 2.0ltr HDi xsi which 5 months after purchase cost me £1200.

The flywheel was "wobbling excessively" I think was how they phrased it on the work sheet. I am currently chasing this up with letters soon to be sent out. My clutch also had to be replaced, as the work carried to replace the clutch is the same as replacing the flywheel. As the clutch had 48000 on the clock it was advisable to replace it as it was halfway through its life. They wouldn't cover any thing as the flywheel is apparently an item that is affected by wear and tear, it may have wear plates but when its "wobbling excessively" thats got naff all to do with standard friction wear. That was an exspense that I didn't expect for another 50k miles, give or take a few thousand miles. It is an exspense that I shouldn't have to cover.

Had they said from the start they will cover the flywheel and labour cost things would have been different. I could have said no, I will cover it when it goes or yes, I will pay a reduce amount now as it is earlier than expected. They don't give you that option because they generaly refuse point blank to cover anything, so you are cornered and have to replace both at the same time as its the most cost effective solution. The only real choice is to have it done and fight it later. I like the stand and he did go back, but for me its the letters then court route.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

my pug 110hdi has had a dmf and clutch changed at 56000 miles it's now done 113000 miles and is in need of another. not bad £1200 every 55000 miles on average (not) this time i am doing the solid flywheel conversion, £270.00 on Ebay for a valeo or £307 from local factors for the flywheel,clutch and release bearing, and it's not going to go again around 55000 miles.

Edited by bridplumber
spelling mistake