how can 1 overdraft fee be £5 and another be £35?

fairclaire
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a rough month last month....car probs

anyway i managed to go over my agreed overdraft limit 4 times (the most by £8.01) yesterday I had various charges taken out my account

1. over limit fee £15.00

2. over limit fee £25.00

3. over limit fee £35.00

4. over limit fee £5.00

I also had a monthly over limit fee of £25.00 as well

so well over £100 in charges which has totally crippled me.

What i don't get is how can going over the limit vary from £5 right up to £35.....surely the charge should be consistent every time?

I've looked at the amounts i've gone over and it has no bearing on the amount charged.....how can it be fair to say one time costs £5, anothe costs £25 and so on....

Yes, I was careless.....but how can banks justify such varied charges

i think you will find they charge diff fees as to 'why' you went over limit [the reason? dd, so, etc etc]

anyhow, i would think you should find the faq's on their website answers the question for you.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'd certainly suggest that you write to them fairclaire. In the first instance be polite and enquiring as to the differing charges and continue to plead for them to rebate the fees due to the minimal amount that you exceed by. Perhaps you can look at last months statement and find a back charge greater than £8.01 and use this to show where your error occurred. It is amazing how often a nicely put letter can get an instant rebate. Something like:

Dear Sirs,

In January I was charged a fee of £xx for xxxxx and regrettably I neglected to take this into account when balancing my accounts this month. Sadly due to car problems I had higher than anticipated outgoings in February and as a result exceeded my agreed overdraft and this in turn incurred charges exceeding £100. However, at the most this exceeded my o/d by £8.01 and had last months fee not been charged I would have been in credit, so, I’m sure that you can see just how this error came about. Under the circumstances I would like you to rebate my charges because as matters stand this will merely compound my difficulties etc.