Lloyds Tsb PPI Protection Help Needed

marshy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've enquired about reclaiming for all my ppi payments to lloyds tsb and now im having to write a letter to the financial ombudsman service as lloyds have rejected the claim.

What i would like to know though is, is it fair that i stll have to continue basically paying for the ppi although i no longer have it? Here's my info to try and make it easier for me to explain.

I took out the loan in 2007 and the ppi was added to the loan to make a total loan payment of £203.77

The total £203.77 is a combined total of the cash loan and ppi. £161.61 for the PPI and £42.13 for the PPI.

If i cancel the PPI, my monthly repayments just for the loan will be £190.23 . This means that im still paying £28.62 for the PPI although its of no use to me.

On my loan agreement there are PPi rebate examples of how much i'd get if i cancel it half way through the loan, which says i get roughly £300-350 rebate. I didnt take much notice of this when i took out the loan because it says this in the terms and conditions "If you decide to cancel the LPI policy the LPI loan will also be cancelled. The cash loan will continue and we will collect only the monthly repayment of the cash loan". To me this is saying that i will only continue paying the £161.61. I was happy with this paragraph in the terms and conditions which is why i didnt cancel the PPI policy within the 30 days.

Now is this fair of them to continue charging me £28.62 for the PPI? As far as im concerned i dont find it fair because if i was told of this at the beginning of the loan i wouldnt of taken the ppi out. For that reason i believe i have been mis sold the PPI and i also was not made aware of the full facts at the time of taking out the loan.

It clearly states in their own terms and conditions that i can continue paying only the cash loan payment. Doesnt this mean that Lloyds are in breach of the contract?

I've looked here and this is simular to my problem http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/180764-canceling-lpi-lloyds-loan-2.html

What are my chances of winning this case? Hopefully there is an active member here who had been in the same situation.

I've rewritten to lloyds, as my reply from them covered various point's which were inaccruate or incorrect according to my original letter. Have you read your refusal letter word for word? I wrote a response just restating the fact that I did not realise my PPI was in actual fact a Loan Itself, which incurred interest. I reiterated this fact by saying that I was not aware at the time that I was in fact taking out two loans? one for the purchase and one for PPI. I am awaiting a response, but the reason I have done this is because I wrote and asked for the return of PPI for an old and new loan. Sending two seperate letter's, I am getting the whole PPI returned for one and could not work out why until I realised that I had stated the above point in only one letter, which had in turn produced the positive response.

Awaiting the response, but cannot see how they can argue!