Where have Welcome gone?

sarahmo152
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am up to date on my payments with Welcome but need to speak to them to make a larger payment than usual as I got a bonus from work and just want to be rid of the loan from them as soon as possible!

No phone number on their web page apart from an automated payments line. No one answering any of the numbers I have for them at the local office. Are they still trading? Whats going on?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Yes they are still trading and they will accept your payment Sarah (they will love you lol) Pleaseeeeee take our advise and DO NOT do this over the phone. Do it in writing or your payment could get swallowed up.

Let us know how much you owe and what your payments are and how much you want to pay and what you ewant out of the payment, example final settlement, monthly payments reduced or term reduced etc . . . .

Once done in writing then you can progress with payment, takes longer but more secure result.

Why you are here with your own thread would you like any help in checking all your agreement is correct etc . . .

The total remaining on the loan is about £3,000ish now. I am simply paying the monthly rate they set me which is £130. I just got a bonus and wanted to pay an extra couple of hundred (doesnt really make a dent in the total to be honest but it makes me feel better about being in debt!)

Welcome dont love me though. I got into a bit of trouble with them about 18 months ago (missed some payments, made some which were smaller then usual) and had to go to the local office. They told me to sign some papers which I thought was just to put in writing my new payment schdule but it ended up being a re-finance, they added my missed payments onto the remaining total of the original loan. This wasnt explained to me and to be honest I was so scared (and embarrassed) at being summoned to their local office and just wanted them off my back, that I signed and ran and didnt read what I was signing. Stupid really as it just increased what I borrowed in the first place.

Sarah, arent you now curious what you did actually sign and how much it is and how much more you are now paying and if they have behaved in a lawfull manner with you ? . . I can give you a letter to send and they will have to reply in 14 days with a copy of your contract that you signed so we can see exactly what you are paying and how much is owed etc. . .

Oh and they have no rights to summon you to the office, do everything in writing..........

Yep it is a CCA request Sarah,

Your Address

Date

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number 4563210025897412

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77 to s.79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77(6) will apply.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Tradinglink3.gif Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

print your name (not sign) and enclose a one pound postal order, send it to head office (RECORDED DELIVERY) at :

Welcome financial services

Compliance Department

Ruddington fields business park

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

Thank you, I will do this and find out exactly what state the account is in. If I want to know balance and all charges I need to send a Subject Access Request don't I? And those are £10. Will see what they come back with from the CCA request and go from there I think. Thank you for your help!

dont pay em anything extra, these fools are in dire straights and closing down fast, and good bloody riddance to the lot of em.

type in cattles in your browser and read the news about this shoddy company and its rotten subsiduaries