Sheriff puts Bank of Scotland to proof on bank charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Tim

It's a brave stand financially that you are taking and my feeling is that you are going to have to take it alone as I doubt that any 'name' will back you or be seen as supporting you as they fear that the probable defeat will not add any glitter to their imagined stars.

Its going to be a lonely road if you do travel on it and the likelihood of gaining considerable financial support from this or any other similar site must be considered as slight at best.

Martyn Lewis has his faults and detractors but he is known and has the ear of the media so an approach to him might bear fruit.

Starting your own thread on here would give you more exposure rather than being buried as just another post on this thread.

Logos--not so easy!

Life is unfair to some

but

Banks are unfair to all

~

Somewhere a Bank is in trouble

Please give them your money now

And save a Banker's bonus.

~

Debt avoidance begins by not having a bank account

~

Avoid debt-close your bank account.

~

Bankers can seriously affect your wealth

~

Support Bailiffs & Debt Collectors by opening a Bank account today!

Wouldn't put any hopes in Vince Cable, nice and sincere as he may be. Ultimately, it's what we the people decide and what we the people take action on that counts.

My tongue was firmly in my cheek with the expectations of Vince Cable;-)

The power truly resides with us, if only we really understood it and set about using it in a persistent determined way.

The power is with the establishment and will remain so until as you say we really understand how to wrest it from them in a legal and proper fashion and use it in a united and concerted way.

The main obstacle to that is that 'they' have had hundreds of years to organise themselves and we are still only a few years in.

The secondary obstacle is that they also have the money and money will always be power.

All we can do is to continue to nibble away at the establishment with individual victories which will eventually make a minor inroad into the unfairness of their oppressive dominance but individual nibbling will never hurt them enough to occasion change.

It will take a united effort to effect any significant change and uniting the aggrieved public is an enormous undertaking.

There are a couple of threads running at the moment on CAG attempting to drum up funds both for the survival of CAG and others to fund against Bank charges.

One by Bankfodder has received 7 posts in 2 months and this one

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/oft-test-case-updates/268024-bank-charges-donation-fund.html

has received 11 posts in the past 4 days which illustrates the difficulties in getting everyone to pull together for the greater good.

if people felt better about the motives and chances of a particular effort then they would support......if we have a good plan people will support

CAG is a fantastic cause and could be considered the root and trunk from which the branches of standing up to the banks emanates but consider how much pleading and virtual begging that the site team and others have to do to get the £1100 each month to enable this site to continue in its basic form.

This site has helped many thousands of people all of whom should feel ecstatic about the motives and chances of CAG but only a few donate according to Bankfodder.

What is possibly needed to galvanise the troops and defeat the present empathy is a more aggressive approach to fund raising--even a 75p registration fee would bring in around £125,00 [after Paypal fees] if all those presently registered on CAG would stand up and be counted.

CAG could remain free to view as a Guest but to post and participate would require registration at an affordable? 75p.

Would a dedicated fund raiser enable the funds to be found for both CAG and the fight against the Banks or would the cost of this be to much assuming that no-one would take on the position for free?

A bank hating millionaire on board would be nice:-D

look....... I like many others do not have the modus operandi for transferring funds online...how many times must i say this..I want to donate to this fund but provide a means alternate to online transactions...I am here on this site precisely because of my account!!!!

m2ae

I had always assumed that as CAG were always requesting donations that they had made it as easy as possible with all available options to donate covered,but clicking around I now realise that they haven't made it that easy at all.

How about it site team-what other options can you put in place to enable people to donate?

Postal orders and cheques can be sent here

Reclaim the Right Ltd.

923 Finchley Road,

London, NW11 7PE

Midenmess

Could this be put on the CAG front page for all to see?

Bookie

Well, it is at the bottom of every page as it is... :shock:

I doubt if anyone ever scrolls to the bottom of every page and if they did there is no message there informing people that you can send PO's and cheques to CAG.

M2AE couldn't find how to donate by PO or cheque and I suspect neither can many others.

If CAG needs funds then they have to make it easy and obvious for people to do so.

• 2 months later...

Please can you advise when the SharpvBOS case is due to be heard?

25 August 2010 16:59 icon_delete13.gif blank.gif

Anonymous said... Please GLC - when will the Sharp case be heard?

7 September 2010 16:40

Govan Law Centre said... The court has appointed a two day 'debate' in the Sharp case i.e. a hearing on the legal arguments. The date is awaited, but is expected to take place in the next few weeks. GLC is also pursuing other unfair bank charges test cases - we will post information on these as soon as possible.

7 September 2010 17:24

Edited by middenmess
added to

The banks need a wake up call, they need to be hurt, yes we are in an unfortunate time, thanks to no economic planning, no regulation, no discipline, other wise the banks will carry on in the same vein. It would be nice if the banks had to report a loss to their shareholders.

If we stop bailing them out to the tune of billions of pounds they would be so doing!

Hi all,

My claims are stayed in the court system until November pending my application to amend POCs, my first

application was adjourned by the District Judge pending my seeking further legal advice re the amended POCs.

Seeing as there has been no further amended POCs forthcoming, what are my options now ??

Would it be the wise thing to reluctantly Discontinue the claims to try to avoid legal costs against me, or could I ask

for further time to seek ongoing legal advice.

Time is running out rapidly, all advice/information will as always be gratefully

received.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

Starting a new thread with your question will probably get some responders hopefully rather than being buried on here.