Capital One - now gone to FCP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone - can you help?

Ok - about 2 years ago i took out a Capital 1 card out to help with a holiday extra that popped up - yeah stupid me!

now - im unemployed for 14 months, capital one have never sent me the forms for help during financial difficulties and ive been related to the FCP company.

Now, this debt is mine - im gonna phone them in a bit and make sure the only number they have for me is my mobile number as i dont want my house disturbed at every chance they get.

As im still unemployed and recieve no benefits and still looking for work - i can, from what i worked out) afford about £10 a month. Im terrified incase they say its not enough but im not paying more than i can afford and getting myself stressed out.

can anyone suggest anything about this company??

Ive not recieved the letter from them yet as i phoned up capital one to find out why they defaulted me when i made a token payment as requested.

help!

oh the debt is for £372.81.

Personaly I wouldn't use your mobile number, my advice would be to get a free pay as you go sim (all the big three ofer them) and give the DCA's/ Cap 1 this number otherwise you will be hounded noon and night.

A debt for under £400 is no big deal but DCA's will try to add charges etc. HFO are not an easy company to deal with. I would suggest reading through some of the the threads on here before making any decision and I would certainly never call HFO, everything always in writing recorded delivery (special if you can afford it)

Hi - thank you for your help - this is whats happened so far.

(had a big shot of tequila first!)

Phoned them up, explained the situation first and then they demanded they want the full balance now. i explained i cant afford it so they said i would be given 7 days to pay up. Again explained too expensive and after doing a expenditure form myself, i can only pay a realistic £20 a month - and if i do come into work (unemployed 14 months now), i would be happy to pay a bit more.

2x she went off the phone to ask her supervisor (which i doubt as a time wasting technique) and she eventually came back, huffed and said £25 a month. Looking again at my forms, i agreed. took her details and removed all my contact details from them and gave them a PAYG number to try.

Low and behold i was gettin about 6 calls/voicemails from them via my landline so i phoned up, demanded them to remove my contact details barr the mobile number and restricted their use of it to between 5 and 6pm mon to fri. I told them i would also hit them with a SAR to check they complied with my wishes.

They agreed, apologised and hung up.

SAR sent away today and awaiting info back.

Bloody pain in the butts they are - glad i worked in mental health for 5 years so i was psyched for the onslaught!