• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Link Financial -ford credit return of goods order - lost

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4749 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry to jump in late here, but having a quick read and your default notice is Poo. The dates are fine.

I assume that the scan is accurate and they have asked for the ballance of the account in full within the DN, which is a big no no. If so the DN is defective and terminating on the back of that is Unlawful Rescission of contract.

Please advise if DN requested the full ballance?

The form of the document is also wrong, but they are more minor issues.

If it is now in court, you must get your CPR 31.14 letters off, but make sure that you acknowledge the claim in time.

Edited by vint1954
  • Haha 1

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for dropping by Vint, sure Olympic is very grateful and will also tip your scales :D.

Considered the fact that LR had effectively defaulted and terminated with one document and discovered (please correct me if I'm way off) that a creditor can do this, if and only if, the agreement has run full term. Olympic confirmed it had - perhaps this particular thread has raised some useful info for all of us concerning combined default and terminations.

You may wish to refer back to post #48 if it's something that interests you, would love to be wrong on this but so far it appears that LR are ok other than the form of the DN, which would really come down to Olympics ability to express the importance of such a document being entirely as prescribed instead of what was actually issued.

Hoping to examine the deed of asignment when Olympic can get hold of it.

Hi emandcole. Had not realised that there was a back end lump sum to pay.

The termination notice should not be in the same document as the DN, however the act of selling the debt is termination in itself.

Hi

Just looked at the default Vint, and it is requesting the o/s amount of £8026.01, ALSO WHAT FORM IS THE cpr.31.14. yOU WILL HAVE TO EXCUSE ME COS i AM FAILY NEW TO POSTING AND STUFF !!

I have put a recorded letter in the post to Link requesting the "Deed of Assignment", and I am getting myself so much in a tizz with this SAR, it looks like it is different printed formats ??

Oh and Emandcole what does 'tip your scales' mean ?

will be back soon.

Hi Olympic. I take it that the DN was issued after the back end payment was due.

CPR 31.14 is for requiring a creditor or their solicitor to furnish documents when they have instigated court action.

And if they do not fully comply, use CPR 31.15!

I would say that you make them comply. Once you have issued an ED, due to lack of complience with CPR 31.14, you carry on until they do comply. You are saying in your ED, look, I don't have the documents that the claimant sites in his POC and those documents are vital to my full defence, so give me the documents or you can go whistle until you do. When I have fully legible and applicable documents you can have my full defence.

If they don't comply, then you can use an N244 form, to get the judge to force them to comply. It will cost you £75 but you can claim this back from the other side. You can also use this form to ask for a strike out of the claim.

You can use CPR 31.15 to demand to inspect the original documents. All griss to the mill, especially if they don't have the original.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks Emandcole, getting on with it now, and will fax over to the courts as soon as. (they did say i could fax it over). How long before I hear from the courts in response, do you think, do they also have set time limits ?

They will acknowledeg your first defence in writing, sending a copy to the claimant. They then give the claimant 28 days to respond, then claim is stayed if the do not respond.