question

robnfc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lets say I have a debt with a dca for £2000 , i ring them and say Im willing to offer £700 in full and final settlement of this account , they say yes and send me a letter saying they have accepted this as long as its paid within 4 weeks.

The money that I was going to use to clear this debt then doesnt arrive in time from the inland revenue, but the original creditor of this account has offered me £1200 in payment of ppi and charges , can i then say send £700 to the dca and send the other £500 to me as the dca have accepted £700 as a final payment.

Obviously the original creditor would send the full amount to the dca if the debt is more then the rebate but the dca have accept a lower amount.

Just wondering as I dont want to get done for fraud or misrepresentation or something stupid like that.

Lets say I have a debt with a dca for £2000 , i ring them and say Im willing to offer £700 in full and final settlement of this account , they say yes and send me a letter saying they have accepted this as long as its paid within 4 weeks.

The money that I was going to use to clear this debt then doesnt arrive in time from the inland revenue, but the original creditor of this account has offered me £1200 in payment of ppi and charges , can i then say send £700 to the dca and send the other £500 to me as the dca have accepted £700 as a final payment.

Obviously the original creditor would send the full amount to the dca if the debt is more then the rebate but the dca have accept a lower amount.

Just wondering as I dont want to get done for fraud or misrepresentation or something stupid like that.

i think relying on a third party to do something for you is a high risk strategy,you would not only need in writing from the dca that it is a full and final payment but that they remove any detrimental listing on your credit files,i.e. ccj,s,debt unsatisfied etc also that they will not sell on the debt to any other dca or institution.

without this its fraught with problems,owe and by the way they will lie to you ,promise you the earth on the phone ,means jack s**t.

without any of this you must probably seek another direction to meet the end needs.

also if the third party was to send them the full amount you would find it really hard to get the money back quickly if at all.

If the dca hear that you have got more, they will probably go back on the deal once you have exceeded the agree time for payment of the £700