Egg Defualt x2 - HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5073 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi people,

Here's my predicament, I had one credit card account, and one loan with egg. I lost my job, so couldn't keep up payents with both, so went to the Consumer Credit Councilling Service and agreed an amount to pay each month for both these accounts.

After about 3 months into this, I received a defualt for the credit card account, for which I have no problem. Then, after 3 years, I received a default for the loan account. This means that I would have defaults on my record for a total of 9 years, rather than 6!!

This was over 6 years ago now, so 1 default has now gone, but the other will be on my record for another three years.

I have tried to get them to see reason, but they are saying that a defualt is counted from when they register it, and not necesaarily when I actually default on my account.

Can anyone offer me any advice on how I can get this removed, ie, ie this legal, etc etc.

Edited by flatliner404
man, I've got serious fat finger syndrome!!

Hello,

Recently I was in a similar situation with Intelligent Finance. Instead of defaulting the account, they kept marking it as a late payment for two years on my Credit File.

I would recommend getting a copy of your Credit File to see if Egg has done the same or marked an arrangement to pay.

I made a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office stating that I did not think that the data would be correct under principal 4 of the Data Protection Act.

My opinion was that the account should have been defaulted after six months rather than two years as it would mean negative data on my Credit File for a total of Eight Years. The Information Commissioner stated in their letter that they would expect an account to be defaulted between 3 and 6 months.

In the end the Information Commissioner instructed Intelligent Finance to Remove the Default as more than six years had passed since it could have first been registered. If this hadn't been removed then I would have still had the default on my Credit File now.

Completed:

Woolwich: Received £30

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

Barclaycard: Received £90

HFC: Received £170

poochball you are my best friend. my oc put down over two years worth of late payment markers before defaulting me. i was going to ask the ico their opinion regarding this, but wasn't sure what they would say. what you say has cheered me up. touch wood, oc default and lowell default will be removed. clean credit file finally!!

Good luck I hope it all works out.

PS Lowell hasn't entered their own default as well have they? IE you have two defaults registed for one debt?

Completed:

Woolwich: Received £30

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

Barclaycard: Received £90

HFC: Received £170

pooch. lowell always enter their own default. standard practice it seems for these ****. lowell have done it with two of my accounts. fortunately, i've had success with equifax in having the oc record removed for both accounts. lowell have thrown in the towel with one account, and are removing their default. what you've said, from your experience will get the other lowell default removed, and will ensure my callcredit and experian files are clean. happy days.

Normally, the ICO require you to complain to the OC/DCA direct, and only contact the ICO when your complaint can't be resolved between yourself and the OC/DCA. I've just submitted my complaint to the ICO direct as there are 5 organisations involved- OC, DCA, and 3x cra, and I'm desperate to have it resolved within the month (although unlikely given ICO complaint handling times).

Hello,

Recently I was in a similar situation with Intelligent Finance. Instead of defaulting the account, they kept marking it as a late payment for two years on my Credit File.

I would recommend getting a copy of your Credit File to see if Egg has done the same or marked an arrangement to pay.

I made a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office stating that I did not think that the data would be correct under principal 4 of the Data Protection Act.

My opinion was that the account should have been defaulted after six months rather than two years as it would mean negative data on my Credit File for a total of Eight Years. The Information Commissioner stated in their letter that they would expect an account to be defaulted between 3 and 6 months.

In the end the Information Commissioner instructed Intelligent Finance to Remove the Default as more than six years had passed since it could have first been registered. If this hadn't been removed then I would have still had the default on my Credit File now.

I have had a similar experience with RBS and the ICO ruled the same;

RBS removed said incorrect data.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Good grief, just looked at this.........

That was quick FlatLiner!

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional